MFKIN XBOX

KennyFKINPowerz

So on Friday at 11:04 am, someone changed my Xbox Live membership to a family membership and purchased 6,000 points and then distributed them to another gamertag.

I have a regular gold membership that I just renewed on Jan 15th. So I notice the extra charges on my bank acct for $42.69 and $74.99.

I call Xbox on Friday evening and get a guy who hardly speaks english. After 40 min on the phone with him he says they are going to do an investigation. Im thinking great. So he transfers me over to that team. They have no idea who I am or what I am talking about. And she says that guy didnt even note my call and cold transfered me to her. She hardly speaks english as well. So after another 30 min on the phone with her our call gets disconnected.

Fast forward to today:

After 3 calls and probably 2 hours on the phone they can not give me a straight answer.

One person says one thing and another says something different.

Finally we get a supervisor after a 15 min hold.

He tells me that in order to do anything that they have to shut my xbox live account down for 10-12 business days and I might, "MIGHT" be able to get a credit for those days.

This is not acceptable to me.

Then I say I am just gonna dispute the charges with my bank, which they already told me that they will remove them as soon as they clear.

So he sends me to TierII Billing to get my account switched back. After 20 min explaining her the phone goes dead.

WHOOOOOO HOOOOOO FUCKING ASS HOLE MICROSOFT MOTHER FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Microsoft seems to fuck me one way or another on a daily fricken basis.

I might be joining up with Ben and just going Apple all the way and buying a PS3 as well.

im not a gamer at all, but i was thinking of getting an xbox 360 depending on how much extra $ i have from my taxes...but after seeing this thread, and the bullshit jason went through not long ago, im kinda rethinking it.

so since im not into all this gaming stuff (last systems were n64 and wii, lol), what seems to be the issue that this happens to these people, and how can it be prevented?

I went and found a number for microsoft executive board. I left an email and received a call back from an exec the next day. He took care of my situation and I couldnt be happier even though my son screwed up and it was really a legit problem per their rules. Go higher than CS and the numbers they give you. I feel for you, its like pulling teeth with these people and no 2 departments share info or know what another is doing.

That's why they won't ever get my CC info, especially since I'm not on there very often, so the only way I'd notice something shady is through my online banking.

There are deals to be had on 12 month gold cards, usually can be had for $40 which is the same as 4 months if you go monthly. MS points are a ripoff, but you can buy those with cards too.

That's why they won't ever get my CC info, especially since I'm not on there very often, so the only way I'd notice something shady is through my online banking.

There are deals to be had on 12 month gold cards, usually can be had for $40 which is the same as 4 months if you go monthly. MS points are a ripoff, but you can buy those with cards too.

That is how I found out. Actually the wifey seen it online and asked me about it.

Sounds like a good catch at least. I suggest calling every phone number you can find to get them to remove your CC info from the account if you haven't already. If they won't, just cancel the Live account altogether and make a new one using only cards to fund it. MS really doesn't like you removing card info for some reason - my account has a number from a card that expired years ago only because it wouldn't let me delete it.

Oh, then dispute the charges with your bank if MS hasn't fixed it. Fuck em.

was very secure. not enough eh?

No actually it was so please start over and try again. It was done from inside and had nothing to do with anyone hacking my password. They just are not sure where the points went and if this was just a mix up of transactions.