This man is my hero

TTQ B4U

http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2011/feb/10/prosecutor-neighbors-say-home-invasion-shooting-ju-ar-392395/

If you saw the story on Ch4 News, you'd love the prosecutor Rob Junk. Dude is stand up and will be in office for a while. 110% backs the home owner. He even said that "if you don't want to get shot and killed, don't break into other peoples' homes" :thumbup: Pretty simple. I like the man. He sees zero issues with him having stepped outside the home and shooting the 2nd intruder.

He then said that if the grand jury feels other wise, he'll withdraw and demand someone else take over.

BAINBRIDGE, Ohio --

A Pike County homeowner's decision to shoot a suspected home invader appears to follow Ohio law, according to Pike County Prosecutor Rob Junk.

Junk said he considered the shooting justifiable homicide under Ohio law, which allows homeowners to defend themselves if threatened on their own property.

The suspect later died of his injuries. Pike County Sheriff Richard Henderson has not released the name of the suspect. A second suspect fled the scene on foot and is still at large.

The home invasion and subsequent shooting in the 4000 block of Morgans Fork Road in Bainbridge happened Monday morning.

The homeowner's family declined to comment on the case, but confirmed details previously released by Sheriff Henderson.

You know what, the fact that something like this would even go to a grand jury erks me. Even when you are within the law you have to defend yourself.

I agree. What is causing it all is that he exit the home and shot one of the two intruders. The one he shot was unarmed. However, they allegedly (I don't care if they did or not) that they were going to kill the homeowner. IMO if anyone comes into my home at night, I'm going to be in fear for my life. Dead people don't talk, so I don't intend on letting them live. Armed or not, I'm killing them. They will be armed if I need to see to it they are. In fact, it was a damn shame they got a hold of one of my guns and threatened to kill me with it. :whistle:

I agree. What is causing it all is that he exit the home and shot one of the two intruders. The one he shot was unarmed. However, they allegedly (I don't care if they did or not) that they were going to kill the homeowner. IMO if anyone comes into my home at night, I'm going to be in fear for my life. Dead people don't talk, so I don't intend on letting them live. Armed or not, I'm killing them. They will be armed if I need to see to it they are. In fact, it was a damn shame they got a hold of one of my guns and threatened to kill me with it. :whistle:

couldn't have said it better bud.

I have to admit, I have a twinge when I think about someone getting shot in the back running away. I would guess that I would not do that. Lethal force is sometimes required, and to protect myself and my family I'll drop a nuke if I have to. But when the criminal is off my property and running away then I am no longer in danger and I probably would not fire.

That being said, had the individual not tried Home Invasion as a hobby they would still be alive. I have no ill feelings for the home owner that declares open season on home invaders (armed or unarmed).

With the facts of the case being true, I think the shooter is a lot of trouble. The Grand Jury will be asked if he violated the law, he did, it will go to trial and most likely be convicted. This isn't Texas. He will be losing his gun rights and freedom. :(

This is a story of what NOT to do.

I like the policy; if you don't want to be shot, don't enter someone else's home without their permission.

I was robbed at gunpoint in my own apt; I wish I'd had my handgun at that point so I could put to rest any fears I currently have of that worthless piece of fuck coming back. Oh, and I would've gladly shot him in the back of the head on his way out. Leave one side of the story and no one to come back to threaten your safety.

The castle doctrine is only there to give the benefit of the doubt to the homeowner until proven otherwise. While I personally side with the homeowner, and am glad the prosecutor feels similar, you can't leave any detail up for interpretation. Shooting an unarmed man outside upon exit does just that. I hope it is dropped, barring any outrageous evidence.

Honestly if it were me and someone threatened my family outside or wherever, I'm not sure if I could restrain.

It's not the fact that he shot someone in the back, it's he followed the perp outside.

My interpretation of what he should say:

"they had forced my wife outside" and having threatened to kill us both, I was in fear for our lives, so I shot him dead.

Even if one MOFO got away, it's his word (if caught) against mine. I'd have killed him too. Hell, my wife would back me 110%. I'm catholic and will say a few rosaries afterward. Now that I edit this, my wife would have shot the other guy. No one would have gotten away if it were us. Embarrassingly, she is an excellent shot whereas I'm just okay.

thats cause they generally havent picked up bad habits (we're talkin new shooters right?)

No, my wife has been going to the range since she was very young. She grew up on a farm and was around plenty of guns too. She wears glasses with which being that I work in the optical industry, can say it helps her vision beyond what a normal person see's long range. Especially since we made her glasses and I know how good they are :) She also has very steady hands.

The day I met her father they were shooting groundhogs and she would consistently plant one between their eyes. Needless to say, I pitty anyone who makes her pull her .357 from her purse in defense.

I was robbed at gunpoint in my own apt; I wish I'd had my handgun at that point so I could put to rest any fears I currently have of that worthless piece of fuck coming back. Oh, and I would've gladly shot him in the back of the head on his way out. Leave one side of the story and no one to come back to threaten your safety.

Word.