Honda Head Gaskets

99FLHRCI

I am looking at doing a head gasket on my B18C5. It is all stock internals. Any recommendations on brand or thickness? It looks like most of the aftermarket ones are thinner then the factory. Also, I assume I have to take the difference between the gasket I use and the factory gasket and add that to the minimum height after decking? (maximum deck is .2mm so if I use a gasket that is .29mm thinner then factory I should not deck the head at all correct?)

stock is .030 of coarse a 2 layer or 1 layer brings the p2v closer resulting in higher compression. I would run a Honda OEM or Golden Eagle (i have replaced many cometic and will never again :mad:) my oem is holding fine but the golden eagle is a improved version of oem (they use stock but enlarge the water ports or sizing for piston bore.

here try this calculator and dont forget to click on B series

http://www.zealautowerks.com/index.html

I have read a lot of bad things about Cometic, but honestly I think it comes down to the installer. Any gasket can fail if installed by a total dipshit lol. So far I haven't had an issue with mine (knock on wood). I have seen people run autozone headgaskets with no issues. Hell I have ran a few with no issues, my dad's crx currently has an autozone hg on it and doesnt have any hg issues.

stock is .030 of coarse a 2 layer or 1 layer brings the p2v closer resulting in higher compression. I would run a Honda OEM or Golden Eagle (i have replaced many cometic and will never again :mad:) my oem is holding fine but the golden eagle is a improved version of oem (they use stock but enlarge the water ports or sizing for piston bore.

here try this calculator and dont forget to click on B series

http://www.zealautowerks.com/index.html

This seems pretty close. It shows green so I assume they "think" it will be "safe"? They also give the option for 2 layer or 1 layer and they are still both green. My stock setup claims 10.6 and their calculator comes up with 10.8. Any experience with modifying an OEM gasket?

Block: B18C - B16B

Crank: B18C

Head: B16A/B - B17A - B18C5

Piston: P73-A0 (USDM B18C5)

Connecting Rod: B18C1/C5

Headgasket Thickness: OEM 3-layer

Head Milling and Block Decking: 0

Maximum Operating RPM: 8400

Elevation: 991

Boost: 7

Static Comp Ratio: 10.8:1

Dynamic Comp Ratio: 15.65:1

Displacement: 1797.3cc

Rod/Stroke Ratio: 1.58:1

Piston-to-Deck Height: 0.026 in

Mean Piston Speed: 2027 fps

Max Piston Acceleration: 145681 fps2

I have read a lot of bad things about Cometic, but honestly I think it comes down to the installer. Any gasket can fail if installed by a total dipshit lol. So far I haven't had an issue with mine (knock on wood). I have seen people run autozone headgaskets with no issues. Hell I have ran a few with no issues, my dad's crx currently has an autozone hg on it and doesnt have any hg issues.

what the fuck you tryin to say josh :rolleyes:

00TypeR i have no experience making a 1 or 2 layer but i know companies make 1 or 2 layers such as toda and i think Golden eagle.

Larry at endyn is a god at machine work and has been racing corvettes back in the 70's and basically invented some of the strongest parts for Honda's.