2011 cycling

evan9381

i would have went out yesterday if it wasn't due to work...finally got out today for the first time in about 4 months. a little cool, but FFS, its mid february...i definitely couldnt complain...windy as hell out there today which made it a little more difficult, but still nice to get out either way. did a ~20 mile ride from easton area, through gahanna, almost to mt carmel, and back through gahanna and back home to the easton area. first half was fine since i was mainly riding east, with the wind...the second half into the wind SUCKED.

so did anyone else take advantage of the nice weather the last few days and get out and ride?

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
Another 17 miles today...easton area, up the alum creek trail to polaris pkwy, over to state st, down to schrock, and back over to the trail and back home...rode with a guy the last few miles, probably 20 years older than me and kicked my own ass trying to keep up with him...made me feel out of shape being 25 and hurting to keep up with someone old enough to be my dad...lol...good ride though

Another 17 miles today...easton area, up the alum creek trail to polaris pkwy, over to state st, down to schrock, and back over to the trail and back home...rode with a guy the last few miles, probably 20 years older than me and kicked my own ass trying to keep up with him...made me feel out of shape being 25 and hurting to keep up with someone old enough to be my dad...lol...good ride though

Haha heard that. We have guys in our regular group rides in their 60's that can smoke my ass.

let me know what you wear so i can throw shit out the window at you when i spot you.

http://tribewithted.mlblogs.com/nelson-haha.gif

your right...my GPS tracker on my phone lied. lol. thats an average length ride...we did the trail from johnstown to hanover and back 2 or 3 times last year...58-59 miles round trip. i didnt have my phone then or else i'd have that map

heres the other routes ive mapped though...

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/my_routes/

Anyone else training for tosrv? Been doing 19miles regularly for the past 2 weeks just to get my legs back, fastest at 19.0mph.avg and normaly around mid 18s. The wind has been really good for strength training, but god damn 20+ mph gusts with out any tree cover is the aids.

Ill probably start.going for distance increases next week with a few 30milers. Anyone want to meet up?

Ok so I'm no bike expert and I have a few questions. I have been on and off biking since I dunno about 2009. I have a 08 Raleigh Mojave 2.0 XLarge. Do you think I could possibly swap on some road equipment so I can enjoy the asphalt trails?

I originally got the bike with intentions of off road trails and of all the times I have ridden it I think its seen dirt 3 of those. I found I enjoy riding smooth trails that a road bike would excel at like the Olentangy Trail. I hate watching people blow by me cause I'm cruising a XC bike on a asphalt trail.

Worst case scenario do any shops take trade ins? Thanks for that answers a head of time. I would say I would like to come ride with you guys but my 15-16mph avg sucks on this thing lol.

I got a Giant Cypress as a good "in between" bike. I use to BMX WAY back in the weight...I mean day. Mountain bike wasn't cutting it for me either so I went to Cyclist Connection. Ric there was great. He was very helpful and informative. I'd give them a call and see what they can do for you. They give life time service so you can roll your bike in there anytime to get a tune up/fix.

Ok so I'm no bike expert and I have a few questions. I have been on and off biking since I dunno about 2009. I have a 08 Raleigh Mojave 2.0 XLarge. Do you think I could possibly swap on some road equipment so I can enjoy the asphalt trails?

I originally got the bike with intentions of off road trails and of all the times I have ridden it I think its seen dirt 3 of those. I found I enjoy riding smooth trails that a road bike would excel at like the Olentangy Trail. I hate watching people blow by me cause I'm cruising a XC bike on a asphalt trail.

Worst case scenario do any shops take trade ins? Thanks for that answers a head of time. I would say I would like to come ride with you guys but my 15-16mph avg sucks on this thing lol.

You can fix it up with some smoother tires and it will help a lot. The gearing is going to be pretty similar to most hybrids you will find so there won't be any real advantages there. The biggest advantage to getting in to a hybrid style bike would be the more comfortable position and the larger wheels will roll better and faster than the smaller wheels on your mtb. Now if you are looking into a road bike the differences will be even greater. The gearing is different, lighter weight, and a more aggressive position in most cases. Some shops do take in trades. I take them in fairly often but my shop is nowhere near you or Columbus.