2011 cycling

evan9381

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Riding dirtbikes as much as I have has ruined me for using those. I take my leg off too much...like in corners and shit. I realize that's wrong for biking, but it's what I do riding dirtbikes, so I implement it when biking.

those are junk. better to get something nice but used, and tune it up.

Agreed

+2

i rode my bike with pedals/cages for 2 seasons, and just got cleats/clipless pedals a couple weeks ago...ridden like 3-4x with them and im hooked.

+3, actually CL is a great place to find a used bike. Problem is, you need to know what your looking for and what is crap. If you find one, just post it on here, and I'm sure many will chime in if it is a good buy or not.....

so, anyone know where i can find some info about rides at hoover? i went to do a short ride wednesday and there was a HUGE group (like 60+ probably) getting ready to do a ride, and left in big groups as i was starting. i wouldn't mind trying to find something like this i can do from time to time...a saturday ride would be ideal, as after this week, i wont be off work til 8 during the week.

columbus outdoor pursuits( the people to put on tosrv) has weekly organised rides around central ohio. Stop in to the local bike shop and see what kind of rides are in towm, they certainly have their ear to the ground. Last and most simple, if you see a group just join in and start talking. that easy.

im thinking im going to do some double duty on the working out tonight, cycle to the gym (~6 miles maybe), lift weights, and cycle home

im gonna be sleeping like a baby tonight

edit...4.8 miles each way if i take the safer route down hamilton rd then to 62, instead of 2 lane morse rd down to the round about.

• 2 weeks later...

Im going to do my final TOSRV training ride this Sat. AM if anyone wants to come with

Its 75percent trail, and the wind on Sat will be ease in AM and to our backs in the afternoon. this isnt about speed, its about distance, overall endurance and completion

I traditionally ride the 1st 1/3 or 1/2 slow and save the power for the ride home

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=US-42+S%2FN+London-Delaware+Rd&daddr=yellow+springs&hl=en&geocode=FV6sYQIdoskH-w%3BFfFlXwId5vz_-imZU5T2SV8_iDEgp1MC-2siuQ&mra=mift&mrsp=0&sz=13&dirflg=b&sll=39.952254,-83.33662&sspn=0.073165,0.154324&ie=UTF8&lci=bike&ll=39.798513,-83.540039&spn=0.141911,0.338173&z=12