2011 cycling

evan9381

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow crazy Xray pictures. That Tour De Cause was really really good. I will be there next year for sure.

Map My Ride

Evan is one tuff fucker. I hate to admit it but even with his broken wrist he was still making me work my ass off on the hills towards the end. I need more hill practice.

I have off tomorrow and thinking about doing another sorta long ride 40 ish miles. Anyone wanna go? Any suggestions?

Edit: Hey Evan what was that trail that goes from Columbus to Newark? You guys said it was nice maybe I'll do that tomorrow.

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/35082818

its the Thomas J. Evans trail.

you should park at the johnstown HS, ride out of the lot and take a right onto 37, take a left on concord rd, and you'll pick up the trail maybe 3/4 mile down on the right. now, on my map at mile 14.1 ish is the bridge i told you is blocked off, but i got around the barriers when that map was made. idk if they started working on it yet. if you dont want to chance it, instead of taking the left off the trail at mile 13.8 on my map, head straight and the trail will run into i think main st in newark...you can take a left on that and go down a mile or two and turn right on 30th st and theres a subway a couple hundred yards down on the left

its a decent 30+ mile rote depending where you go from newark...you can browse through my maps too see if you want to try any of those too...mostly on NE side of town

Went for another ride today. It was not to bad when in the cover of the trees. But on the roads with the sun beating down it was hotter than hell. I do not think I have ever drank so much water from a fountain in my life lol.

After the ride I got in the car and it said it was 100 hot damn.

Map My Ride

I think im going to work on making a route that does the entire Olentangy trail with a loop around the State house then on the way back a little tour of OSU. I think it would be close to around 40 miles.

Definitely going to wait for a cooler day for that lol.

Went for another ride today. It was not to bad when in the cover of the trees. But on the roads with the sun beating down it was hotter than hell. I do not think I have ever drank so much water from a fountain in my life lol.

After the ride I got in the car and it said it was 100 hot damn.

Map My Ride

I think im going to work on making a route that does the entire Olentangy trail with a loop around the State house then on the way back a little tour of OSU. I think it would be close to around 40 miles.

Definitely going to wait for a cooler day for that lol.

search my rides, we did that, went to high st, rode up high to lane and picked the trail up again. it wasnt too bad

• 2 weeks later...

I know there are a crap ton of cycling charity rides, but since this one is right in hilliard ill do it. Any one interest? i was thinking of either the 35 or 48 mi route. Still way out of shape from the ankle injury

http://pedal-with-pete.org/events/columbus-ohio/2011-columbus-routes/

ill see how wrist is feeling at that point...think im getting this post-surgery cast off thurs/fri, but i think theyre putting me in a different one that can be temp removed for the wedding im in next weekend...picked up a trainer last night to stay on the bike...7 miles on it fucking KILLED! definitely not like 7 mi on the road

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, so Pelotonia lit a fire under me. Jsut rode the 23 mile route saturday and tonight when I got home I up and headed out for a ride. Didn't plan too, but I couldn't resist. I'll post a few pics in the pic section.

I see now how you guys ride such long distances now. I never thought I'd ride the 23 mile route when i signed up. It was more of a personal challenge. Tonight I rode 15.98 and had to stop due to the sun setting. It's addicting. Can't wait to get up early tomorrow and ride before work.

EDIT: This Map My Ride thing, the BlackBerry app has terrible reviews. How well does it work?

On my android phone its excellent. Compared to mikes gps on the last ride, we were within .02 mile of each other on a 30 mile route. Thats what i use to track my total mileage...my cyclometer is about 2% slower than my gps, and my buddies cyclometer is 2% fast...i only use it for a general idea on speed

i think his is a garmin brand...he said it was a few hundred bucks but he uses it for other stuff...it was nice for the tour ride we did in july, he loaded the maps, and just yelled out when to turn left/right...none of us really had to bust out the paper maps except for one detour where a bridge was out

Ok, so Pelotonia lit a fire under me. Jsut rode the 23 mile route saturday and tonight when I got home I up and headed out for a ride. Didn't plan too, but I couldn't resist. I'll post a few pics in the pic section.

I see now how you guys ride such long distances now. I never thought I'd ride the 23 mile route when i signed up. It was more of a personal challenge. Tonight I rode 15.98 and had to stop due to the sun setting. It's addicting. Can't wait to get up early tomorrow and ride before work.

EDIT: This Map My Ride thing, the BlackBerry app has terrible reviews. How well does it work?

Fun isn't it? I do not think I ever saw myself riding as much as I am now. It really is great to just go out and kick your own ass and enjoy it lol. I did not get a chance to do Pelotonia this year but I WILL be doing it next year for sure. I heard it was an excellent event.

i think his is a garmin brand...he said it was a few hundred bucks but he uses it for other stuff...it was nice for the tour ride we did in july, he loaded the maps, and just yelled out when to turn left/right...none of us really had to bust out the paper maps except for one detour where a bridge was out

I use a Garmin Dakota 20. I originally purchased it for Geo-Caching but find myself using it more for my bike now. If you wanted to go the route of gps I would recommend the Garmin Edge series.

I wish i was off before 8 during the week to ride after work...i dont go in til 11, so i could ride before, bit since everyone is at work, id have to ride solo, which gets boring after a while

What? I just did a 11 mile ride at like 12:30am. Its great at night. so much cooler.

yeah, you're fucking crazy. no way i'd be riding at night, even with so few cars on the road and an outfit made of LED lights. lol. cant see shit on the road, no thanks. lol.

i just hopped on the trainer for 30 minutes pushing my highest gear, kicked my ass. thursday should be nice. 85 and partly cloudy. im thinking hoover to johnstown to galena and back to hoover. should be 37ish via google maps. i'll get your email tomorrow and send you the route

Stupid app on BB won't connect the GPS. Argh....

Thursday should be great. Haven't gotten to ride since Monday. Sucks. Wish I could've gotten out today but 9.5 hour work days with no lunch owns me.

So....why is there not a CR Cycling Crew?

I looked into making one I just couldn't swing the money at the time. Maybe I will do it now.

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/47769834

Got out for 38.5 miles today with Mike (SRTmike08) and Grant (GMoney)...2:20...nice night to get out. i made the mistake of not snacking early enough before, and figured a bagel would be enough 30 min before the ride...before mile 4 after that first hill, i felt like i was going to throw up. stomach was killing me...had to stop for a few minutes and let that go away. afterwards all was good

and i will say, mike has made a huge improvement over the first time i rode with him 7/16...then, he was hurting by mile 25ish and having a hard time keeping up...last couple times ive ridden with him, he leaves me behind bad...thats the advantage of having long ass legs and being so thin.

my legs are killing me, probably top 3 pain wise ive had after a ride...i know ill be sleeping good tonight...and if the wind isnt too bad from that hurricane this weekend, might head out again

Edited by evan9381