need a fabricator to make me an adjustable endlink

Das Borgen

the factory front swaybar endlinks of my car look like this

http://vorshlag.smugmug.com/photos/543012097_istQx-L.jpg

and I want to turn them into something like this for the adjustability because the camber plates I just slapped on warrant the need for it

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/image/suspension/suspension_adjsbl_lg.jpg

I imagine all that s involved is cutting the link in half and putting threads on each end and getting the threaded sleeve and nuts, right?

I need someone local to do this for me.... I'd provide the endlink

any leads for me?

thanks!

Doing it correctly will require one left hand tap/die and one right hand tap/die. How much is turner charging for their links? If it's excessive I might consider buying the required equipment.

Turner charges 99 bucks each....each part is originally 31 bucks

I'd rather just have someone do it if possible

do you think a left-hand thread side is absolutely necessary? Tyrner tells me their is normal thread on both sides

Turner charges 99 bucks each....each part is originally 31 bucks

I'd rather just have someone do it if possible

do you think a left-hand thread side is absolutely necessary? Tyrner tells me their is normal thread on both sides

Without a left hand thread you would have to remove one side of the end link to adjust it.

cut the link in two buy a mild steel 3/8" turn buckle from the hardware and weld it in the middle no taps or dies required...... and decent welder oughta be able to do that for ya

not a bad idea

what hardware store exactly can I find a turnbuckle at?....I measured the diameter of the rod and it's 9.5mm....which happens to be 3/8" pretty much on the dot

not a bad idea

what hardware store exactly can I find a turnbuckle at?....I measured the diameter of the rod and it's 9.5mm....which happens to be 3/8" pretty much on the dot

lowes and home depot both for sure

I use then all the time to make adjusters for v-belt alternators on old cars

lowes and home depot both for sure

I use then all the time to make adjusters for v-belt alternators on old cars

interesting...will investigate..they come threaded or unthreaded? why are such parts found in hardware stores? where are they used in house applications? (just curious)

but thanks for the tip there...much appreciated

Let me know how this goes Rich. If you don't end up doing this, I think when I ordered new Ground Control links last year they were $130-ish for the pair.

GC links are heim joints...I wish to stay away from them and stick with ball joints...which is why I want to modify stock parts