Health Insurance

John Bruh

There is also the HSA account option to accompany insurance, which allows you to put money in it (say at the beginning of the year), to use towards med expenses. I think it is tax exempt or something as well. Might also build some interest??

Seems like a no brainer for people getting closer to retirement, and whatnot, but i could also see it as good if your son gets sick and money is tight... youll have it covered in advance

The best insurance is available to you at very little cost or maybe even none at all. All you have to do is join the military.

In all seriousnes, I couldnt imagine not having Tri Care. All other insurances I have had suck and are way too expensive. It looks as though without spending over 300 a month you cant find anything that is worth a shit. Get a health savings account if you belong to a credit union and save where you can as well. All tax deductable.

As I understand it the big problem with individual health insurance plans is your lack of power when it comes to a denied/contested claim. When you have insurance through work you have your employer breathing down there neck to make things right, or else they (employer) may switch to another provider. Add a lawyer to the equation (perhaps at the expense of the employer :confused:) and you level the playing field considerably.

With individual insurance I believe your only option is to hire a lawyer out of pocket ($$$) and take them to court. Who do you think is going to win?

How many people does your job employ? Might want to have some constructive conversations with your co-workers about getting some sort of coverage through the company, even if you have to pay "out the wazoo" ($150/month)

Edited by acklac7