Electronic Boost Controllers

TurboNova

I have been running an AEM TruBoost for about 3 years. What I like is that it's a guage and a EBC, less clutter in the car and great function. I have had a lot of tuning done and the settings have been changed several times. It takes some learning to function, but so does anything. Once you know it there a tons of options.

I'm not familiar with your other selections of interest.

I have the ams1000 and love it, doesnt answer your questions but with the AMS you can call Seb and he will take care of you. I had an issue that turned out to be a wiring problem on my end. After talking to him on the phone about my issue he shipped a new controller out to me with no questions asked. Again it turned out to be my fault, afterwards it was no problem he just wanted to do whatever he could to get me running. I dont think you can find better support or service. I will never look at anything but an AMS again. The bullet is full of stories about Seb helping others out just like he did for me.

I have considered it but you can get an ams500 for 350-400 and a Gould manual controller like a hallman is 110ish so for the 250 difference I think I'd like to have the ramp adjust and easy adjustability. What manual controller do you have and do you use co2

I have considered it but you can get an ams500 for 350-400 and a Gould manual controller like a hallman is 110ish so for the 250 difference I think I'd like to have the ramp adjust and easy adjustability. What manual controller do you have and do you use co2

They are running a special right now, 360 shipped to your door on the AMS-500

Ams running that deal? I am still torn on that or a hallman NBC, the car drinks e85 so I doubt I will be messing with it too much, it will proly be on 15-18lbs all the time. I just like not messing with springs and the SMS controlling from nothing to 40lbs on a dial with same spring

I like the AEM TRUBOOST. Go online and search, you can see some good videos on it from AEM. It is nice how it also works as a guage, like Mojoe mentioned above, and also has the output wires for tuning, but what I really like is how you can control the duty cycle of the solenoid & the wastegate spring rate. I'd look into it, but I'm sure there are others that would be just fine.

the AEM tru boost and the AMS 1000 both use MAC solenoids most companys selling boost conrollers use the MAC valve. such as the apexi avcr greddy pro effect and more etc.

AMS looks to be the best for drag racing and i think it has an option for strain gauge. I have never ran one but i have never herd anything negative about AMS products.

no and its not 110 this is the exact same as turbonetics mbc.

http://racepartsolutions.com/proddetail.asp?prod=RPS%2DBOOSTMAN

look at that pic now look at this one. 29

http://www.jegs.com/p/Turbonetics/Turbonetics-Variable-Boost-Control-Kits/757352/10002/-1

they get them from race part solutions. u think 29 bucks and running 8s is too much money. and no i dont use co2. just some 1/4 phnumatic hose from wt to valve and a line from the bonnet to the valve. simple and damn effective

It has a 9lb spring I run 15lbs bo boost spikes perfect spool up and dead flate boost. Works perfect and I know it will go well aboe the 15lbs its at I use a tial v 60 wg. I've seen it up to 20 when I was playing at forum wars. But tires got up to speed too quick on the cold track and it tire shook. Racepartsolutions is a great plae for bends and. Bands and silicone couplers too.

Be aware that larger gates have a harder time with holding larger amounts of pressure than what the spring in the wastegate is. And its never advised to run more than 1.5 times the gate spring, or you could run into cracking issues. Not the gate physically cracking but the valve opening prematurely.

Here is a quote from a VERY smart dsm/evo owner. His name is Kevin jewer and owns i believe the second fastest rwd dsm in the world.

"Another point worth making is that the larger the WG, the bigger the problem. Force on the WG trying to blow it open equals pressure times area[/]. For a given turbine housing pressure, a larger gate will open more easily. This was a big problem on the EVO16g turbos people run on the DSMs. Upgrading to a larger 34mm actuator would help you run lower boost (lower than anyone would probably need to run with a properly set up car) but would blow right open at high rpm and high boost. The pressure in the WG is affected most by airflow per unit time, which is highest at about peak HP. When you would prefer your WG to stay closed of course.

Quote:

Now, are you suggesting that pressure post-turbine housing is coming back through the wastegate dump tube and pushing the valve open?

The valve opens "away" from the manifold. Manifold pressure is what pushes the valve open. Or for internals, pre-turbine turbine housing pressure. Exhaust manifold pressure at high airflow values will be greater than intake manifold pressure."