HP mini hard disk trouble

V8 Beast

Need some help... My daughter decided to hit my sons netbook and now I get a boot error and it says the hard disk does not exist. I pulled it, tried everything possible and it just wont read it. I called HP and some foreign guy reading from a script told me it would cost $40 to ship it in for service. Knowing I get a huge discount for shipping I asked for the address and he refused.

Its a HP Mini 110–3098NR Netbook.. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement hard disk for a decent price? I dont think I know what to search for because its taking me in circles.

P.S. Being in the customer service field myself I want to throw this shit in the trash for the very reason that they have over seas call centers. I spent 20 minutes repeating myself. He couldnt even spell Brian!!! "Brian = Bryioan.. WTF!!!!!!

I couldn't find anything for sure, but it sounds like it takes any old 2.5 inch sata hard drive. You can buy them pretty much anywhere, Micro Center probably being the cheapest.

Microcenter usually has at least one great deal per different type of drive...

last week a guy I work with purchased 2 1tb barracuda drives for like 58 bucks each

which I thought was a great deal!