91 toyota pickup 4x4/ cummins 4bt swap

Shawn89

So I've been reading about the engine(4bt cummins) and I've seen a 91 4x4 with one in it on youtube. I've been looking and looking and I can't seem to find any info on how to swap it into my truck. My question is has anyone done this swap or know someone that has?

I don't know shit about these cars or these engines, but it sounds like this might fall under the clause of 'with enough more, time and/or knowledge you can do anything'. You can put any engine into any car with the right fabrication know-how. I'd guess when you see or hear rumors about 1 car having some power plant swap that it's not some direct swap or a kit or else there would be a lot more people that would have done it.

I have looked into the 4btswaps websight but I didn't find to much on what I was looking for. I don't want to get way over my head, but I love cummins engines and it seems to be a commen swap with jeeps and toyota fj's. I was praying there was a few 4x4 guys on here that have done the swap lol

From what your saying it sounds really easy. From what I'm gethering there is a clearence issue between the oil pan of the 4bt and the front axle so I would need about 4" of lift only thing that stops that is my truck is an ifs truck.

I'm trying to think of a way to avoid doing a solid axle swap. Really the only thing I can come up with is to remove the cab and cut out the stock trans tunnel. Then maybe I can make mounts so the oil pan will clear the axle housing. But I would probably need a 4 or 5in hood scoop lol. There's really no way to tell whatsg gonna have to be done until I go for it lol. Aznyone know of a local junkyard that has gruman trucks or anything with the 4bt in it?