Mitsubishi kills the Evo... FOREVER!!!!

accel_is_my_drug

Ya I am the same way. An Evo was up there for my dream daily driver.

Prices for used ones are going to go up now...maybe in 10yrs I will be able to afford a used one and then, I will have to find one that's unmolested ha ha.

I just don't understand why you would discontinue a car that still has demand and that you have no problem selling...if it works it works.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prices for used ones are going to go up now...maybe in 10yrs I will be able to afford a used one and then, I will have to find one that's unmolested ha ha.

I just don't understand why you would discontinue a car that still has demand and that you have no problem selling...if it works it works.

like the article said its about the overall image.

There's no way in shit that the prices of these cars will appreciate. There are tons out there, and they'll go the way of the DSMs.

That being said, I always liked them, and think they'll remain good cars for the money (that keeps going down).

You are forgetting fantastic braking, suspension, and rigidity married to superb stock seats, steering wheel, and shifter placement. Also, easy mod-ability right out of the box. I'd say being capable of 13's bone stock is fast in my book. Faster than 95% of whats on the road, even more so when you throw it on a track.

Hyundais have come a long way though :D.

srt4 did 13s bone stock and for what 10 grand less.

like the article said its about the overall image.

Sorry, I should have elaborated more clearly for you. I will rephrase.

I don't understand why they would sacrifice the Evo line to "go green" and think that their new "image" is going to have a positive impact on the brand as a whole, and a positive enough one to increase their profits beyond current profitability.

srt4 did 13s bone stock and for what 10 grand less.

High 13's but yes, they could do it. They also mod up nicely. I like srt4's. Though the Evo easily has the handling/braking edge. Whether or not that's worth the extra coin is subjective. The srt4 gets a similar bad rap compared to the evo. "Just a neon", "Just a lancer.", which at least in the evos case is borderline retarded.

Different engine, different transmission, different body panels, different hood, different wheels and brakes, different seats, different steering wheel, AWD, turbocharged.

I'm sure I'm missing stuff, and I'm not sure how many differences there are between the standard neon, and srt4 trim, but they're hardly econoboxes.

That really stinks. I've never owned one but considered it in the future. I wonder what kind of volumes they sold? it all comes down to $$$. A low volume car like that with special parts drives cost, and no one wants to pay 50k for an evo.