Tank Pad

conn-e-rot

I've had one ever since '04 on 3 different bikes and never had a problem.

Mine always came with instructions though.

I cleaned my tank really well.

I put mine in the oven until is was REALLY warm.

Went out while the tank pad was soft/warm and put it on nice and straight.

If needed you can take off and re-apply a few times if you mess up.

Then don't touch it for 24 hours. I even applied heat from my wifes hair dryer when I put it on just to reassure me that the glue was still tacky and warm so it gets a nice bond. Then after a few days it is on there like concrete!

Don't worry, they're easy to apply. :)

Well I was going to wipe the area down with alcohol just wasn't sure if I should wait for a really warm day or if 50 degrees is cool.

I put mine on in February of last year. I think that's why I did the hairdryer after it was on. I would even hair dryer the application area on the tank and get it hot/warm so it's like your bike has been sitting out in the hot sun.

That was my main concern also but my wife tends to put her hand on the tank when I brake and her ring put a small scratch on the last bike.

Tell her not to do that. My wife rides with me and she just holds on to my shit or waist all the time even under braking. If mine laid on me like that I'd be like "Get the fuck off me!". :lol: I know what you mean though I've seen some passengers do that and I don't know why they do.

http://www.mag-knight.com/

I have the carbon fiber look one of these....it's magnetic, need a heat gun to apply/mold to your tank...and it's seam sealed....not a drop of water will seep in and removal any time to wipe/polish the tank.....they are very stable (they say upto 200mph), I can back upto 140 ish...for sure:D

Little pricey but I love it.....