Best Credit Card for Points

John Bruh

My Capital One card has no blackout dates and the rewards don't rotate (occasionally they will offer bonus rewards for some categories, but not often). When you want to cash in your points for airfare you just buy your tickets as normal (you don't have to book through the credit cards agents) and they will reimburse you. You can either do this over the phone, or online when you sign in to your account. It was extremely easy and I had round-trip airfare to Moorea, French Polynesia for both my wife and I completely paid for with points.

Troof..

capital one rocks.

Read the fine print, rewards aren't always what people think...

There are other reasons, take your pick....

Wow... The article (http://www.smartmoney.com/spending/rip-offs/10-things-your-credit-card-company-wont-tell-you-18808/#ixzz1Fyl00kPd) is a hoot! People actually need to be responsible, make payments on-time, don't exceed limits, Understand how credit works and READ the agreement?!?!?

Using a CC the right way: Charge items you can afford to pay cash for. Don't go over your credit limit. Once CC bill arrives - Pay it in full! *collect rewards if available*

It actually is that easy! If you don't have a cash reserve for 'emergencies', you need a low interest CC that you can use for those expenses. Then make a plan to pay the balance off as soon as possible. And an emergency is just that - something you need to survive! (NOT something you think you can't live without)

All my .02 cents. I've racked up over $50k in CC debt in my life. I paid it all back (with interest) and will NEVER be in CC debt again. I now have a car payment and house payment only. Reserve fund for just about anything that can happen. Enough insurance to protect me and I've got everything I need/want. Good luck to you in your CC search!

The bad part is that a very small percentage of people are actually meeting ALL guidelines and getting the points/rewards. Everyone else is just paying excess fees and charges and making the CC companies RICH in the process. Read the fine print and stay on top of it or it will bite. I just find it's easier to pay cash or if I do make a purchase that I need to track on a credit card or trip, I pay it off the second I get home (within 24-hours). People that don't have the cash to cover the purchase are just digging themselves in a HOLE....

Like I said the first time, if you can afford to pay it off without paying interest why not have a points or cash back card? It just makes sense.

I have 2 cash back cards. One is a Kemba card that you ear 1% on everything but at the end of the year that balance is placed in an account that earns 10% apr and the Chase Freedom card that I get 1% cash back and 5% on whatever their quarterly "special" is.

Like I said the first time, if you can afford to pay it off without paying interest why not have a points or cash back card? It just makes sense.

I have 2 cash back cards. One is a Kemba card that you ear 1% on everything but at the end of the year that balance is placed in an account that earns 10% apr and the Chase Freedom card that I get 1% cash back and 5% on whatever their quarterly "special" is.

...and most have a 3% fee so they are still making 2% on every purchase to your 1%. Not to mention as you said "quarterly special"....there rules are always changing ALWAYS! If you are happy, that's all that matters...I won't do it...