Need 4 point harness installed in the TA

V8 Beast

You could do a Y-type and try and mount it to the floor behind the seat, but I doubt track techs would like it much. That and when you hit the wall or another car in a fiery mess it breaks your shoulders. Getting the wrap around style is easiest. How often do you plan on taking the cross bar out? Having that bar in s really the only way to keep that belts useful. There are sets that buckle into a rear belt receiver, but that nulls having anyone in the rear seats since they cant be buckled in.

The shoulder belts need to be anchored relatively close to shoulder level to be safe. Like said before if you anchor them to the floor it will cause spinal compression in a front accident. I can't think of any good way of anchoring them if you're not going to attach them to the rear bar. You would have to go way back into the hatch to find the next solid mount point, but that seems like a bad idea to me. I was planning on loosing my back seats when my roll bar goes in.

Do you remove the rear bar all the time except for the track? Or do you just move it out of the way for kids getting in and out of the back seat?

Wrap the shoulder belt around the back bar, the removable bar has no bearing on the proper belt placement. Use the existing lap belt bolts. You have to ream the holes in the new belts mounting tab slightly as the factory bolts are a little bigger that the tabs that come with aftermarket belts. You really need to install the fifth point. Wolfe makes a bar that goes between the front two seat mounting bolts. I have seen others take a piece of 1 1/2" flat bar with two holes in it and run it between the front seat bolts.