Ruh Roh Tressel?

Sturg1647545502

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares?

NCAA allows Cam Newton to play on with not problem after getting booted out of FL for theft AND his dad tried to sell him like a 4H Animal.

NCAA lets the quarter back from Oregon transfer and play somewhere else after stealing a laptop.

NCAA allows that RB from Oregon to comeback and play after he sucker punches a player on national TV after loss.

Whatever happend to that little deal down at NC and all of those players talking to agents?

NCAA=Joke that is real sports talk, Joe Montana style

I'm with Wagner, nothing will come of this. They will come out today and say they are investigating the allegations. Then they will come out again later once this has blown over in the media and say they could find no 'definitive proof' that any further wrong doing was done.

I'm with Wagner, nothing will come of this. They will come out today and say they are investigating the allegations. Then they will come out again later once this has blown over in the media and say they could find no 'definitive proof' that any further wrong doing was done.

yep, and what wagner said.

Just like the Pro Football, there is so much corruptness that its not really worth even getting all worked up about.

Rapist, animal abusers, wife beaters.. all still made into Icons.

The NCAA knows no Ohio State means no $$$. The numbers do all the talking as to who tunes into games, who travels the best, who generates the most $$$ for them.

Tressel could knock a nun down and fuck her in the ass on Lane during game day, nothing would happen.

Bingo!

No Tress = No hope for the Buckeyes staying on top.

Seems like they're trying to stir the damn pot and more. The NCAA is a joke when it comes down to punishments. They're never consistant with anything they do, but never the less, I don't see anything happening. Pretty sure Tressel would've done something if he really knew.

Haters gonna hate.

Here is release from OSU (NCAA could impose more sanctions):

Ohio State officials today submitted a self-report to the NCAA that Head Football Coach Jim Tressel violated provisions of NCAA Bylaw 10.1 when he failed to notify the university about information received involving two football student-athletes.

The university became aware of this situation on Jan. 13, while reviewing information on an unrelated legal issue. The university's Office of Legal Affairs notified the appropriate institutional officials and an investigation began immediately. After conducting additional fact finding, including questioning Tressel, the university notified the NCAA on Feb. 3.

"I am disappointed that we find ourselves in this situation. I want to thank the NCAA for being responsive and working collaboratively with us on this case. We ask Buckeye Nation to be patient as we resolve this matter and we thank them for all the support that they provide to our programs," said Athletics Director Gene Smith. "I think everyone knows how I feel about Jim Tressel. There is no better coach at developing young people than Jim."

"I am sorry and disappointed this happened. At the time the situation occurred, I thought I was doing the right thing," Tressel said. "I understand my responsibility to represent Ohio State and the game of football. I apologize to any and all of the people I have let down. I will grow from this experience."

"The university has responded as rapidly as possible and worked with the NCAA to ensure full cooperation," said President E. Gordon Gee. "Coach Tressel has acknowledged he has erred and takes full responsibility for his actions. During the past decade, he has devoted his life to the university, the students on his team, and so many others in the larger community. As an NCAA member school, we are committed to doing everything possible to comply with NCAA rules and bylaws."

As part of its self-report, the university has self-imposed the following sanctions: a public reprimand and apology; a two-game suspension; attendance at a compliance seminar; and a $250,000 fine.