Audi Guys

SilverAudiMike

OK so I'm experiencing what seems to be a few common B5 S4 problems. Should I attempt to tackle these things myself or just suck it up and bring it to a shop (which one)?

Check engine light - last time I pulled the codes it was for at least 2 02 sensors..are these hard to do on these cars, I havent even looked yet

ABS light on/brake light flashing - I'm guessing ABS module...where can I find a re-man or do I really even need to worry about this?

Oil can light (oil pressure light) - only comes on once it is warmed up and will only come on under 2k rpm...I'm thinking either level sensor or pressure sensor. Thoughts?

I've already replaced on lower control arm thanks to a run in with a curb. Is it really worth it to replace all of control arms if they are worn out?

Mannnn I had an '04 Audi that I loved. The fuel pump went out at 49,898 miles and the warranty was up at 50k. LUCKY.

I traded it in. A year and a half later I got a recall for the fuel pump, lol.

Anyhow it sounds like you have quite the combination of things going on. Start with the codes and lets get to work! O2 sensors are generally not hard to remove, however... depending on how old the car is they could be IN there...

ABS light... oil pressure light... Sounds like you need the 50 cent upgrade.

Miles on Car ?

02 failures are failure common. ABS light is probably a wheel sensor gone astray.

The 2.7t's are built like tanks from hell, rarely will have one bleeding pressure internally.

Is the oil warning red or yellow ? Is it for oil level or pressure ?

If you need a vagcom scan, let me know.

Best of luck,

#1 AudiFag.

Miles on Car ?

02 failures are failure common. ABS light is probably a wheel sensor gone astray.

The 2.7t's are built like tanks from hell, rarely will have one bleeding pressure internally.

Is the oil warning red or yellow ? Is it for oil level or pressure ?

If you need a vagcom scan, let me know.

Best of luck,

#1 AudiFag.

The ABS/Brake light happen at the same time and doesnt happen every time I drive the car. Would vagcom tell me where the issue is?

The oil warning light is red, my understanding is that the red can is for oil pressure right?

The O2 sensors aren't hard to do, the primaries sit right up top by the firewall behind the turbos.

If your ABS light is on and your brake light is flashing, it's more than likely your ABS module.

http://www.avalonmotorsports.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=240

I would say it's worth replacing all the control arms.

Vagcom it