Valvetrain squeeking noise in LS1

Zeppelin

Car has sat most of the winter. Started it up a couple times. Took it out a couple weeks ago for about an hour. On the way home this started. Checked, and it was about a quart low on oil. Filled her up and it got a bit better, but is still there. Sounds like it is in the driver side valvetrain to me. Gets worse as you idle up the motor. Anyone have an idea before I start in on getting the valve cover off? Here's a sound bite. http://www.zeppelinsreef.com/images/war_eagle/valvetrain-noise.3g2

Thanks

Ya, I pulled the belt and started it up this morning to be sure. Thats what I thought it might be too. That, or the tensioner pulley. Put my ear up to the valve cover and it sounds like its coming from inside for sure.

Ya, it idles smoothly. Lifter or rocker is kind of where I'm headed thinking. Wondering if something got into the lifter or since it hadn't been run for a couple months and was a little low on oil, a lifter isn't pumped up right or something.

Lifters are fairly common, the rockers have had issues with the needle bearings falling out so that should be obvious if you pull a valve cover. I'm still leaning towards a lifter.

These are stud mount right? Possibly the rocker nut backed off?

Car has sat most of the winter. Started it up a couple times. Took it out a couple weeks ago for about an hour. On the way home this started. Checked, and it was about a quart low on oil. Filled her up and it got a bit better, but is still there. Sounds like it is in the driver side valvetrain to me. Gets worse as you idle up the motor. Anyone have an idea before I start in on getting the valve cover off? Here's a sound bite. http://www.zeppelinsreef.com/images/war_eagle/valvetrain-noise.3g2

Thanks

What kind of wheels are those? they look amazing lol.

• 4 weeks later...