computer issue... help

SRTurbo04

Hey soo trying to help my mother an fix her desktop

When it turns on it goes straight to a screen that says windows error recovery.. an says eathier lanch startup recovery or start windows normally.

Doesn't matter what one I choose(or if I don't choose any thing after five minuites) it will load for like two seconds and shut the computer off.

Can any one give me some insight on how to fix this?

tuen the computer off, then open up the case computer case. locate the memory modules. they look like this:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_DMF2nCfxDcw/TNXSZoQmm0I/AAAAAAAAABs/UivO6B46XAc/s1600/memory-module.jpg

unlatch the little levers on both sides.

scrub it with soap and water using a a toothbrush or other bristled tool.

make sure you rinse throughly as soap doesnt agree with the memory slots

reinsert the modules being sure they are latched

turn on pc

tuen the computer off, then open up the case computer case. locate the memory modules. they look like this:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_DMF2nCfxDcw/TNXSZoQmm0I/AAAAAAAAABs/UivO6B46XAc/s1600/memory-module.jpg

unlatch the little levers on both sides.

scrub it with soap and water using a a toothbrush or other bristled tool.

make sure you rinse throughly as soap doesnt agree with the memory slots

reinsert the modules being sure they are latched

turn on pc

You shouldn't need to use soap and water. Use compressed air to get the dust off them and out of the slots. Then use a rubber eraser to clean the contacts. Re-seat and try to boot again.

You shouldn't need to use soap and water. Use compressed air to get the dust off them and out of the slots. Then use a rubber eraser to clean the contacts. Re-seat and try to boot again.

http://www.gogaminggiant.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/facepalm.jpg

Hmm I can't tell if ur joking or not about that?

Are there steps I can take to try before taking apart the computer

I tried to run the start up repair thing for vista an no matter what I do it gives me a loading screen for two seconds then turns the computer off

I have tried to reboot in safe mode as well same results

paul, often times newwer computers will have a recovery partition. when the pc boots try different f# keys till you find which one is the recovery partition. try a different key on each bootup. this will give you the ability to wipe it clean. do f6, then f7, then f9 then f10 then f11 then. f11 is my guess

im free the rest of the afternoon. if you wanna drive it up to polaris i can get it going for you.

paul, often times newwer computers will have a recovery partition. when the pc boots try different f# keys till you find which one is the recovery partition. try a different key on each bootup. this will give you the ability to wipe it clean. do f6, then f7, then f9 then f10 then f11 then. f11 is my guess

im free the rest of the afternoon. if you wanna drive it up to polaris i can get it going for you.

i work in an hour or i would. might have to do this later this week

it a desktop only like two years old an not used for anything other then buisness office stuff.