WTB: Fuel efficient, reliable car - $3k or less

31rx7

I am helping my nephew search for a reliable, fuel efficient car for $3k or less.

The target vehicle will have the following characteristics:

- Ready to be driven 300+ miles per week, right now.

- Pretty much everything working as it should

- 30+ MPG highway

- Working A/C

- Vehicle should not need significant near term maintenance.

PM or email if you have anything. Thanks.

I've searched 4 wks for the samething, finally found one yesterday. They are few and far between. Goodluck

That's what we are finding. What did you end up getting? Maybe a car we haven't thought of yet.

Look for a 2000+ cavalier or sunfire perhaps.

I've driven a 2001 Sunfire for the last few years. I started keeping track of my MPG with Gas Cubby about a year and a half ago.

Total Miles: 36197

Total Days: 587

Average MPG: 29.00

I probably drive 75%+ highway. My commute is 38 miles one way and 36 of that is highway. Real world numbers through 2 winters and 1 summer.

Yeah, you'll get a little better in a civic, but for the same price you'll get an early to mid 90's civic or for a 2000+ civic you'll pay a lot more than you would for the cavalier/sunfire.

I have a silver auto 2000 Hyundai Tiburon with 140k. It has had the timing belt changed already and has been very well taken care of. All pads and rotors are brand new, tires have a good amount of life left on them. Front bumper has been replaced due to someone backing into it, and the paint is peeling on it (just the bumper). 2500 as it sits. The rest of the car is in great shape