Another Delaware shooting by my house

ImUrOBGYN

3rd one in a year... that I know of. The last 2 or 3 yrs this area's really started to go downhill. At least this one was at the end of my block instead of my backyard. Happened yesterday morning. I'm just getting around to posting it.

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/local/stories/2011/03/14/story-delaware-liberty-road-shooting.html?sid=102

Gonna make a post now about the 270 fatality I was stuck in last night... :(

3rd one in a year... that I know of. The last 2 or 3 yrs this area's really started to go downhill. At least this one was at the end of my block instead of my backyard. Happened yesterday morning. I'm just getting around to posting it.

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/local/stories/2011/03/14/story-delaware-liberty-road-shooting.html?sid=102

Gonna make a post now about the 270 fatality I was stuck in last night... :(

Remind me not to drive near, nor live by, you.

is that silver maple? i know some people that live there.

Technically, Liberty Road/Freedom Lane which is my street. Silver Maple runs behind my house. Probably shittier than my road.

I mean, when you change the original names of actual city streets in an attempt to lessen the area's notoriety, you know it's crappy. lol When we moved in, they had it pretty cleaned up still. You knew the one or two houses that you always threw 'that' glance at, but now, shit. 5yrs later, mulitple murders, hostage situation, drugs, violence, and a secret pedophile (not so secret anymore) all living/happening on my very small block or directly behind my house... and I feel right at home. hahaha Not even the worse place I've lived.

Still, I hate my backyard, love my neighbors on one side, would wish the neighbors on the other side would die in a fire, but I share a 2story duplex with them so...:rolleyes:, and I can't stand half the people who live in the apts directly behind me. Can't even let my dogs out in my own yard without constant supervision for fear of people either fucking with them, letting their kids fuck with them, or people throwing shit over the fence. Great f'n rent and landlord, but damn it's time to go soon. lol Takes 5 minutes in the summer now just get 100yards up my street with all the cars and kids that are too fuckin stupid to get out of the street or look both ways. Ok, Im done ranting.

Technically, Liberty Road/Freedom Lane which is my street. Silver Maple runs behind my house. Probably shittier than my road.

I mean, when you change the original names of actual city streets in an attempt to lessen the area's notoriety, you know it's crappy. lol When we moved in, they had it pretty cleaned up still. You knew the one or two houses that you always threw 'that' glance at, but now, shit. 5yrs later, mulitple murders, hostage situation, drugs, violence, and a secret pedophile (not so secret anymore) all living/happening on my very small block or directly behind my house... and I feel right at home. hahaha Not even the worse place I've lived.

Still, I hate my backyard, love my neighbors on one side, would wish the neighbors on the other side would die in a fire, but I share a 2story duplex with them so...:rolleyes:, and I can't stand half the people who live in the apts directly behind me. Can't even let my dogs out in my own yard without constant supervision for fear of people either fucking with them, letting their kids fuck with them, or people throwing shit over the fence. Great f'n rent and landlord, but damn it's time to go soon. lol Takes 5 minutes in the summer now just get 100yards up my street with all the cars and kids that are too fuckin stupid to get out of the street or look both ways. Ok, Im done ranting.

you should move to london town apartments. i hear they are nice. :bangbang:

Great f'n rent and landlord, but damn it's time to go soon. lol Takes 5 minutes in the summer now just get 100yards up my street with all the cars and kids that are too fuckin stupid to get out of the street or look both ways. Ok, Im done ranting.

I feel ya.

I had planned on moving into a town-home on Silver Maple when I moved up here for work. Price was super-low, the management seemed okay and they had decent reviews (the few I could find). After driving through there a couple of times to check out the area I realized that during the summer apparently everyone must have 40 kids and they allow them to run amok and fill the streets. At the time I still had the Mustang and I immediately noticed kids leaning on cars in all of the lots and said "F that".

I have only driven through there maybe 10 times and it seems like there are always some punk-ass kids either standing in the middle of the street or running out in front of me.

I ended up at Trotter's across town instead (apartment).

I feel ya.

I had planned on moving into a town-home on Silver Maple when I moved up here for work. Price was super-low, the management seemed okay and they had decent reviews (the few I could find). After driving through there a couple of times to check out the area I realized that during the summer apparently everyone must have 40 kids and they allow them to run amok and fill the streets. At the time I still had the Mustang and I immediately noticed kids leaning on cars in all of the lots and said "F that".

I have only driven through there maybe 10 times and it seems like there are always some punk-ass kids either standing in the middle of the street or running out in front of me.

I ended up at Trotter's across town instead (apartment).

I very briefly considered moving over there a quite few years back and it was exactly the same and just as bad. The neighborhood has pretty much been shit since I have lived in this town. I also live in Trotters btw....are you still here?

I very briefly considered moving over there a quite few years back and it was exactly the same and just as bad. The neighborhood has pretty much been shit since I have lived in this town. I also live in Trotters btw....are you still here?

Not at Trotter's anymore. A few years back they stopped renewing leases because they got some wild idea they were going to sell them as condos. That failed and they tried to get everyone to stay but by then I had already signed a lease at Troy Farms (around the corner behind BW3). It was nice too, but we bought a house about 2 years back just north of the fairgrounds.

Coming from the west side of Columbus and having grown up on the Hilltop I'm no stranger to ghetto-y trashy neighborhoods. I am surprised at how much of that I see around here though, based on how people seem to talk about it like it's such a nice area. It's okay, but it seems like any other city to me apart from some of the really expensive neighborhoods.