Tressel To Voluntarily Sit 5 Games

Bigbird

Probably see a bit more aggressive play calling on 1st and 3rd downs and late in games. Probably not a huge difference, but I don't think anyone who steps in will be AS conservative

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expect to see a whole lot of our running backs carrying the ball an awful lot. None of the back up QB's in my opinion are worthy of chucking the rock more then 10 times a game, that includes incoming stud freshman Braxton Miller. When you have 4-5 stud backs, you run the damn ball

We have a pretty favorable schedule during these 5 games...one blog predicted 11-1 with the only loss coming to Nebraska, another had them at 12-0 and going to the NCG to play Oregon. I think they'll go 5-0 to start out, a couple of the games will be nail biters (Miami, Michigan St). I also think they beat Nebraska, but have a let down game at some point in the season (as much as it pains me to say that), finish 11-1 and goto another BCS game

Probably see a bit more aggressive play calling on 1st and 3rd downs and late in games. Probably not a huge difference, but I don't think anyone who steps in will be AS conservative

This is more along the lines of what I meant after I thought about it haha.

I would personally redshirt Miller, Guiton can run, but word is he's looking to transfer after spring ball, idk how true that is or not. Idc who the QB is as long as its not Bauserman

Heard on the radio today that at practice it was Bauserman taking snaps with the first team, then Guiton, Graham, and Miller throwing to 4th string. I'm a bit surprised about Miller, but I suppose spring ball did JUST start. So we'll see. I've been a big fan of Guiton since the spring game last year, so I'm pulling for him.

yeah miller looked good today, just keep in mind all these new plays and such were just installed a few days ago, alot of it in like chinese. Im sure guys like Braxton are picking it up much faster than someone like myself, but i think give it time and we will see. I personally think Taylor G is the man with the arm. Miller is the guy for the running. As so the question about Coach Fick running it his way...not likely. Coach Fick is very good though, maybe we will see more aggressive plays.

I just hope Brax can live up to the hype that is surrounding him. While it may not be as high as TP's, its still pretty high. i have heard good things about Grahams arm, alot of people questioned why he was even at tOSU, I guess thats why most should leave recruiting to the coaches haha.

We have a pretty favorable schedule during these 5 games...one blog predicted 11-1 with the only loss coming to Nebraska, another had them at 12-0 and going to the NCG to play Oregon. I think they'll go 5-0 to start out, a couple of the games will be nail biters (Miami, Michigan St). I also think they beat Nebraska, but have a let down game at some point in the season (as much as it pains me to say that), finish 11-1 and goto another BCS game

This is true! Sad but true. Unless they implicate a the old Florida State style offense with Charlie Ward and Warrick Dunn we will have trouble with NEB. We have Guiton and Miller who can flat out run! Guitons arm is not bad and I could see him running that style and first team.

You had to figure Bauserman would be working with the 1's to start. We'll see where everyone is after the spring game. Lots of people liked what they saw from Graham today and he obviously has a bit of a head start having been here a year now vs. this being Miller's first time really doing anything not strictly conditioning-related.

Here's a video from the CPD of Braxton throwing a couple times:

http://videos.cleveland.com/plain-dealer/2011/03/ohio_state_freshman_qb_braxton.html

Second throw shows off the laser, rocket arm.