New 5.0 Motor Fun

wagner

The new 5.0 is a pretty stout little setup...

As much as I love the Shelby's and all, why would you pay $55K for something that wouldn't hook?

They do, some people just don't know WTF they are doing.... http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/time-slip-bar-42/723688-my-11-gt500-track-updates.html

That's with just a little 302ci motor :cool:I think Ford has finally found the answer, technology can replace displacement. Think this motor is becoming the new LSX motor. It'll be interesting to see what the aftermarket brings for the new 5.0.

Didn't the rest of the world figure this out 20+ years ago?

They do, some people just don't know WTF they are doing.... http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/time-slip-bar-42/723688-my-11-gt500-track-updates.html

I meant to word it as off the showroom floor. But they always insist on those damn Goodyear Eagle F1's. No doubt on a radial or slick, they're 11 second cars from the showroom floor.

Didn't the rest of the world figure this out 20+ years ago?

But in the Domestic world, this wasn't always the answer. It still holds true that bigger is better (C6 Z06 example) but Ford didn't really swing that way. The modular motors have stayed relatively small and continue to keep that way. Ford went through the forced induction phase, but came back to N/A roots. Not to mention, I think they did a fine job with driving the 5.0 liter badge home.

I meant to word it as off the showroom floor. But they always insist on those damn Goodyear Eagle F1's. No doubt on a radial or slick, they're 11 second cars from the showroom floor.

The real drivers are in the 11's stock, seems the "anyone can be fast crowd" struggles to get them in the 12's stock. Considering the C6 Z06 times, the GT500's are pretty darn quick with just a tire change..

The real drivers are in the 11's stock, seems the "anyone can be fast crowd" struggles to get them in the 12's stock. Considering the C6 Z06 times, the GT500's are pretty darn quick with just a tire change..

No doubt they're monsters with the right tire. They define a great bolt on car, but after seeing some of the new 5.0's with bolt ons, it makes you second guess the GT500 and the price tag that follows. I'm still shocked a 2.9 Whipple 2011 GT is clicking off 9's.