They say it comes in three's....I hope....

TTQ B4U

Bad luck that is.

Summary for now:

• First day of Vacation, blow out with a van full of stuff and family (Thanks to NTB though for selling me the roadside hazard warranty and having locations all over the place!)
  • Last day of Vacation, dead battery due to a bad cell (Thanks Anthony for Roadside help!)
  • Return home, furnace out and house at 54* :(

There are plenty of good news stories behind all these. Especially the hospitality of folks in the south. the vacation was spectacular too and the kids are filled with stories, including the car troubles

Off to go check out the furnace with my neighbor who works for a local HVAC company and has taken care of us on the side for several years. Hopefully it's just the thermo-coupler that isn't allowing the pilot to stay on. Worst case though our 23 year old system has a hold in the heat exchanger too. In that case, $2,500-$3k later we'll end up with a whole new system.

Here's to hoping the good luck that has followed all of the above continues. More later.....:p

Bad luck that is.

Summary for now:

• First day of Vacation, blow out with a van full of stuff and family (Thanks to NTB though for selling me the roadside hazard warranty and having locations all over the place!)
  • Last day of Vacation, dead battery due to a bad cell (Thanks Anthony for Roadside help!)
  • Return home, furnace out and house at 54* :(

There are plenty of good news stories behind all these. Especially the hospitality of folks in the south. the vacation was spectacular too and the kids are filled with stories, including the car troubles

Off to go check out the furnace with my neighbor who works for a local HVAC company and has taken care of us on the side for several years. Hopefully it's just the thermo-coupler that isn't allowing the pilot to stay on. Worst case though our 23 year old system has a hold in the heat exchanger too. In that case, $2,500-$3k later we'll end up with a whole new system.

Here's to hoping the good luck that has followed all of the above continues. More later.....:p

I had to replace my moms entire furnace setup in her house it was 26yrs old......

They did it in less than three hours with a new intake air duct also.

Pro's it wont break anytime soon, 10yr warranty and she's safe.

Not bad for $1800

With the good comes the bad. Family vacations are priceless.

With the good comes the bad. Family vacations are priceless.

^^ this for sure.

I had this conversation with my overly conservative parents. Point to them is that no matter how good or bad the times, there's a story the kids will always remember. Key is to make it one you and them want to remember.

What made the week memorable to my son is we experienced both good and bad and in the end it was all great. He's been telling the story of "the blown-tire" all day to his friends and grand parents :o

The funniest part for me was the last day when he asked me "how long will it take us to get home?" and I replied "about 9-10hrs all in including stops, etc...."

He then replied "that is if we don't blow another tire" ......you should have seen the look on his face when I came back up and said the battery was dead. No kidding, the look on his face was "Oh, You've got to be shitting me!"

Ha ha! It was priceless.

We just got back from picking up the dogs from Canine Corner. Thumbs up all the way there. I'll be posting about my experience with them shortly. Excellent service and care.

Add two more instances for the week.

Today, the ignition switch in the Entourage fails and locks onto the ignition key while wife is around town. No big deal, covered by the 5/60k warranty so it's there getting fixed.

Then I come home with groceries to find a leak under our kitchen sink. Not a huge deal, replaced a bad valve. Damn, when will the ups and downs end!