Need help with V clamps

crummer

Kind of a dumb question, but are all v clamps the same other than their diameter? Working on an exhaust and need new clamps but just want to make sure I am looking at the right ones.

Has anyone had good success with a particular brand?

No. They aren't. The clamps have to be used for the particular side angle or flange they aren't built for. For example, I have two different types on my turbo, one setup for a tial waste gate and the other for the o2 housing which isn't as much compression as the tial is. The tial clamp is very type and completely surrounds the v band.

I think both, but I'm not positive on the depth part. I think if you buy from a dealer or wholesaler you'll get the right band and clamp for your application.

yes there is a lot in actually buying the right clamp for correct sealing. Just buy a clamp set/vband kit or else call clamp co and see if they have something. We are having to change our vband designs so that we can use some of their off the shelf clamps.

yes there is a lot in actually buying the right clamp for correct sealing. Just buy a clamp set/vband kit or else call clamp co and see if they have something. We are having to change our vband designs so that we can use some of their off the shelf clamps.

thanks, I was trying to avoid replacing the whole set up since the flanges are already in place, compounding the issue is that everything is stainless steel so trial and error can get pricey.

Can you recommend a good clamp company to call?

clamp co, they just are limited on their off the shelf items. They didnt even have something to match to ours and now had to slightly tweak the vband flanges to be able to use their clamps if we want