Rust repair under warranty?

ghost face

Does anyone have any experience with getting rust repaired under warranty?

What do you guys think about my possibilities of repair are? I had to reschedule my appointment with the car dealer, because they need to make decision from upper management.

The car is within warranty period (5 year, unlimited miles) and frankly I'm surprised and pissed at the same time how quickly this car rusted with the amount of wash I go through.

Here is what the warranty says: "This warranty covers repair or replacement of any original body panel that develops perforation from corrosion [rust-through]."

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=621&pictureid=4977

i'd throw a fit if i were you. i just think that's unacceptable by today's standards--rock chip or not. i had an issue with my GTO about 3 years ago, where there was some bubbling at the seams of the trunk and hood--no visible rust, but some 'lifting' of the paint. took it to the stealership and made them repair it to my satisfaction. and then they didn't mask the car off properly, and andy had to buff out some of the overspray when i had the car detailed. go figure

I'm already pissed at the fact that I went to the dealership today with an appointment with the said issue over the phone and got the answer I did.

Incompetent to the max.

I don't believe it was caused by rock chips, although I'm not an expert in this matter but if you look at the picture or the car, you can see that it is rusty/yellowish along the whole wheel well. It is rusty/yellowish looking on the other side of the car as well.

Here is another picture with the flash.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=621&pictureid=4978

My only experience is with a 2004 Jetta, there are finger shaped rust spots on both fenders at the top the wheel well (wish I had a picture) looks like someone in the factory picked up the fenders with greasy gloves and the paint never adhered right.

However, the dealer keeps denying it because even though its really ugly, its not a through hole. So keep spraying salt water on it and in a year or so you'll get a fender.

However, the dealer keeps denying it because even though its really ugly, its not a through hole. So keep spraying salt water on it and in a year or so you'll get a fender.

This is what I would expect will be their answer.

I HATE RUST. I almost could tolerate winter if it wasn't for the constant reminder that salt destroys the hobby I love.

I never thought of the above idea...since the bubbles are never going to end, might as well accelerate the process to get warranty work. just scratch the inside of the quarter panel with a scribe, spray briny solution of 50/50 road salt/tap water. Rub it in with steel wool. Repeat. :lol:

Once you see bubbles in the paint, stop and call the dealership. :)

So did the dealer actually end up fixing it or is your warranty over?

Scion? Whose service/bodyshop were you working with? Please don't say Germain, their idea of customer service is punching you in the gut so it doesn't hurt as bad when the stomp your nuts.

I won't say which one until I have my appointment next Wednesday.

I HATE RUST. I almost could tolerate winter if it wasn't for the constant reminder that salt destroys the hobby I love.

Tell me about it.... I hate looking, driving, and thinking about my car at the moment.

So did the dealer actually end up fixing it or is your warranty over?

I won't say which one until I have my appointment next Wednesday.

Tell me about it.... I hate looking, driving, and thinking about my car at the moment.

It hasn't rusted through and the rust warranty isn't over. Stay tuned.

Sorry if already posted, but what year, make, model, and miles are we talking here?

It is 2006 scion tc, miles are round 67k.

Original owner, no body work ever, washed at least once a month, increase in frequency during the winter season.