iOS 4.3.1 Untethered Jailbreak

Rally Pat

JaSSon, ok, I'm currently running iOS 4.0.1. When I run redsn0w, on the first screen it asks for the correct .ipsw. Where do I get this from? I tried using the same one I restored from, but it wouldn't work. Do I need to get PwnageTool to do this? At least I'm running 4.0.1 now lol. Halfway there. :D

*EDIT* Using the redsn0w 0.9.6rc9 version, I try using the iPhone2,1_4.0.1_8A306_Restore.ipsw file when I open redsn0w, but after it tries to process the file, it says, "Unable to recognize specified IPSW." Any ideas?

Edited by TurboGoKart

Apple won't let you install anything but the latest firmware. Download the 4.3.1 from here (assuming you have an iphone 3gs) that is 4.3.1.

Shift+click "restore" in iTunes, select that firmware.

Once it's restored open redsn0w. Point it towards that same firmware. Should work just fine. Mine did, except for the whole iPad baseband issue. So, again DO NOT CHECK "use iPad baseband".

Edit: complete list of iOS firmwares.

Just know that it's a good idea to keep as up to date as possible. While running 4.1 I came across several apps that required 4.2 or higher.

I have yet to come across an app that required over 4.0. What apps have required more than that?