March sadness as a basket ball hoop bites the bucket.

MiDe84

I feel for these guys. They did act a little crazy but I feel they had good reason. I think the thing that bothers me most is the fact that the police straight lied to their faces.

One more thing since when do sargents get to run around like they just got out of bed????

What do you guys think?

Edited by SRTmike08
Edited original video link.

I don't understand why they were removed. Someone complained. But, what did they complain about?

Edit: Found the article.

The McCaffertys and at least seven other residents of Radnor Green and Ashbourne Hills received letters warning them this would happen. Police and Delaware Department of Transportation officials say their hoops, angled toward the street, violate the state's Free Zone law, which prohibits hoops, trees, shrubs and other objects from being within seven feet of the pavement's edge in subdivisions.

I don't understand why they were removed. Someone complained. But, what did they complain about?

Edit: Found the article.

The McCaffertys and at least seven other residents of Radnor Green and Ashbourne Hills received letters warning them this would happen. Police and Delaware Department of Transportation officials say their hoops, angled toward the street, violate the state's Free Zone law, which prohibits hoops, trees, shrubs and other objects from being within seven feet of the pavement's edge in subdivisions.

aka the easement that the city or state owns

I don't care who owns what the sargent flat lied to the guys face. If your going to come to my house to rip down my hoop please just be up front about it. Don't tell me I can keep the hoop then take it away in a dump truck then yell at me to get in my house because I'm upset that you lied to my face.

If that pole has been there for sixty years you think it would be covered under a grandfather clause. People used to get along... and she did just bold face lie to him.

Easements are typically as old as the property. The first time a property is sold the easement should be outline.

As for the cop, yeah that was a really shitty thing to do.

Well I don't know the laws in Delaware, but in many states anything hanging off the back of a truck that is not completely within the bed has to have a red flag or red paint applied to it for visibility reasons.

If that's the case in DE, I would hope Frau Sturmbannführer made sure the DelDOT workers were as concerned with that law as they were with basketball hoops and absuing power as an officer.

Easements are typically as old as the property. The first time a property is sold the easement should be outline.

As for the cop, yeah that was a really shitty thing to do.

True, but that's not what they cited as the reason they were removing the poles. They cited a law that would have grandfathered the poles in.

True, but that's not what they cited as the reason they were removing the poles. They cited a law that would have grandfathered the poles in.

I believe they cited the law as to why they were removing it, but the easement is what gives them the right to, no matter any grandfathering.

How is a basketball hoop in the way anymore then a mailbox?

I understand the kids being in the street problem but that could be fixed by ticketing the parents if the kids dont get out of the way in the street when cars pass by. Generate revenue rather then spend revenue to remove something.

How is a basketball hoop in the way anymore then a mailbox?

I understand the kids being in the street problem but that could be fixed by ticketing the parents if the kids dont get out of the way in the street when cars pass by. Generate revenue rather then spend revenue to remove something.

Plus, it's at the end of a cul de sac. At least theirs was. I'm betting the people at the end of the street who complained about them just didn't like seeing all the hoops up for aesthetic reasons. Hell, maybe they don't like kids, either.