Porsche keeping up with R1 and Cbr1000RR

SicilianDude357

Porsche GT3 racing an R1 and a CBR 1000RR

I've never seen a car do this well against liter bikes before....

VERY STUPID! He almost loses it at about 0:56 but counter steered enough....

Somewhere in the States

ENJOY!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynU7cI2AYHE

:cheers:

Edited by SicilianDude357

Porsche GT3 racing an R1 and a CBR 1000RR

I've never seen a car do this well against liter bikes before....

VERY STUPID! He almost loses it at about 0:56 but counter steered enough....

Somewhere in the States

ENJOY!!!!

YouTube - Porsche GT3 vs CBR1000RR vs R1 - INSANE VIDEO!!!

:cheers:

:nono: people like that should be euthanized. Do whatever ya want on a track; just keep that sort of insanity off the street :(

Though I do like to muse on the fact that if you're a cager, you're going to have to drop over 100 grand on a vehicle to keep up with someone with a $10,000 bike :p 2 > 4

I don't know if I'd say he was keeping up, either. Doing well, but not really in that much control. He was VEEEERRRY sloppy and the bikes looked pretty safe. They weren't out of shape at any point.

GT3s are pretty fucking serious cars. For $100k plus, he got pretty much handed the keys from two bikes in total under $25k...

The point would be better served if it were a legit driver and a legit rider. Something like what Swantz did for Sport Rider or whatever it was.

They also have a You Tube of Top Gear where Liam's boy on a Ducati vs. something similar to the GT3. I think a Lambo...

Duc won...

THAT IS NOT IN THE US.. Look at the plates, they are the long skinny styles not to mention that the road signs are not in the standard US format and deisgnate upcoming cities in KM and not Miles

Edited by flounder

yeah lizard, 999 vs a diablo i think, it all depends on the car and course, cars are capable of higher speeds, and horsepower, and faster go-to-no speeds, they also have like 8 times as much tire touching the pavement

Edited by jermattak

I don't know if I'd say he was keeping up, either. Doing well, but not really in that much control. He was VEEEERRRY sloppy and the bikes looked pretty safe. They weren't out of shape at any point.

GT3s are pretty fucking serious cars. For $100k plus, he got pretty much handed the keys from two bikes in total under $25k...

The point would be better served if it were a legit driver and a legit rider. Something like what Swantz did for Sport Rider or whatever it was.

They also have a You Tube of Top Gear where Liam's boy on a Ducati vs. something similar to the GT3. I think a Lambo...

Duc won...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeP0_aLvc0I

Any one can drive fast in a factory built porche race car. He actully wasnt doing to bad. He almost lost it once but recovered. Chances are he was playing with some kind of suspension software on the dash. However if you get on youtube, there is a video of a Carrera GT and a Veyron going at it and absolutely dusting an R1 that decided to get in on the fun. Great video.

Any one can drive fast in a factory built porche race car. He actully wasnt doing to bad. He almost lost it once but recovered. Chances are he was playing with some kind of suspension software on the dash. However if you get on youtube, there is a video of a Carrera GT and a Veyron going at it and absolutely dusting an R1 that decided to get in on the fun. Great video.

He was pretty sloppy. Have two family friends who were ex pro car racers and one even had his Indy Car license... This guy's an amateur at best really. Real choppy and very much like a guy ham fisting a throttle on a bike.

As far as the R1, it is again depending on the driver and rider... To do this fair, look at pros in each field and then decide. This is a debate that has been long since talked about on both sides...

He wasn't keeping up. They kept letting him catch back up. When he got back behind them,they would just pull away again. In the last segment they checked out.

The GT3 is a bad ass car. But it didn't have anything on those bikes in this instance.

We have a race team for the company i work for and have 2 GT3 Cup cars. Ive been in one doin 180mph. Scared the crap out of me, but they are badass. We race at mid ohio every year.

Ask them what their fastest lap time is there. Also if they use the chicane going into the kethole or not. Bet they don't so, the lap times will be different...

cars have more surface area on the ground per pound than a bike.. which means that a car will be able to out corner and out brake a bike.. sports car that is.. and a bike will out pull a car till almost top end.. then the supercar will pull. thats just how it is. so really this debate all depends on the course being compared.