Please tell me I am wrong...

wagner

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you are wrong

Source: no source, i don't actually know. just following orders.

edit: bad news

Federal Housing Administration: Not Working In the event of a shutdown, the FHA, which guarantees 30 percent of all mortgages, would not be able to guarantee housing loans. That "would have significant impact on the housing market," according to a senior administration official.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/government-shutdown-agencies-stay-open-close/story?id=13309873

edit2: editorial

I can't believe at this point in time we've become so hostile and unable to figure this out that the people whose interests we're looking out for are in jeopardy. this is ridiculous. i hope there isn't a single incumbent that makes it past the primary votes next time their office is up.

when is your closing date? if a shutdown happens, i don't think its likely to be very long...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_federal_government_shutdown_of_1995

and it happening twice like in this instance isn't likely either

We are still waiting for the final OK from the bank, but we were going to try and close first week of May.

I could say this is "not fair" but I really hate that phrase. It is very sad what is happening to this country right now. I blame ALL in power on both sides, they are all equally worthless.

There is not a single elected offcial in office right now that has the people of the United State's interests in mind.

It is time that we the people take this bitch back...

I blame ALL in power on both sides, they are all equally worthless.

There is not a single elected offcial in office right now that has the people of the United State's interests in mind.

It is time that we the people take this bitch back...

Well, there is at least one Congressman who I believe has our best interests in mind. Nearly everyone treats him as a joke now, but I think when people look back 50 years from now, they'll see he had it figured out better than the rest of the politicians.

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r445/martyr65/220px-Ron_Paul_official_Congressional_photo_portrait_2007.jpg

Like the wise father whose teenagers ignored his advice, he's held in high regard years later, but by then it's too late .....

Well, there is at least one Congressman who I believe has our best interests in mind. Nearly everyone treats him as a joke now, but I think when people look back 50 years from now, they'll see he had it figured out better than the rest of the politicians.

Like the wise father whose teenagers ignored his advice, he's held in high regard years later, but by then it's too late .....

Yep.

Goddamn political stunt to try and scare the American people, I'm not going to worry about it.

Waggs I hope it doesn't affect your closing, but it's out of your control, so try not to buy into their bullshit by getting pissed about it.

I think you guys forget the important part that the congress and pres still get paid. Which is ridiculous when you think about they are the ones who got us into this mess, they should be the first to not get paid!!!

They are telling us they we wont be paid. It's going to be an ugly day come the 8th when soldiers aren't being paid. Good luck to the rest of ya I'm not working for free!

Exactly my thought, volunteer military means, technically we can volunteer to stop working. One week's pay is going to hurt a lot of folks in the military. Hell in a handbasket might be a good phrase to work by. Sorry to hear that Wagner, it's utter bullshit our government has come to this. Mr.Jefferson would be calling for a clean slate at this point.

I'm holding out for Rand. Ron's followers already know him well and he has a lot of life ahead of him. As great as Ron is, I sadly think his chance has passed.

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r445/martyr65/220px-Ron_Paul_official_Congressional_photo_portrait_2007.jpg

Leave it to Doc to freaking poke a hole in my idea!

It is what it is there is nothing I can do but just take the freaking ride I guess. There are a lot of good people who are going to get screwed in this deal.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/rep-ryan-obama-s-budget-path-do-nothing

'CBO Can't Conceive of Any Way' Economy Can Continue Past 2037

Ron Paul can save us

There is some good stuff in there, but some of the comments are a bit closer to the truth.

The bottom line is people in the United States do not like the truth, hence why Ron Paul did not come to mind for me. I know who he is, but don't think of him much because of all the other useless fucks hog the camera and spew their fail.

I did some quick research on Ron Paul and the guy has great ideas, he really should have more power but people don't like the truth. People don't like the idea they might have to give something up, tell their kids no, or god forbid actually work and not take money from the goverment.

/rant time to work so millions of useless bags of flesh can sit at home and enjoy my tax money.

Doc really said it.

I am actually for .gov being off for a week or two. How many millions (or more likely billions) will this keep us from spending for being off a very short period of time? Too much spending going on.

Problem is in history they usually get back pay. However, contractors are screwed (we won't get back pay and are required to use vacation or take time off without pay). In addition parks and the such are closed so it is a loss of income. Income down, expenses up.

Even worse news, usually the President in office gets re-elected after a shutdown.

I love Paul's ideals, but how drastically he wants to change things right away turns a lot of people off. Also, his social ineptitude is a major problem. Sure, he may have great policy ideas, but would he truly be a great leader? Probably not.

Irony of FHA assistance recipient complaining about freeloaders?

I guess maybe I don't understand FHA fully but how am I a freeloader? I plan on paying my mortgage, my taxes, and not being a waste.

Sometimes you come off as a total fucking asshole. I think I need to meet you in person to passs final judgment if you really are this much of a prick, or just like to stir the pot on the internet.