Pelotonia 11

Otis Nice

As part of my getting in shape I've decided to ride in the Pelotonia this year. My company really pushes for this as part of their community involvement and since my grandma died from cancer complications and both grandpa's have fought cancer I'm riding in their honor.

For those of you that don't know what Pelotonia is, it's a bike ride in which 100% of the proceeds go towards cancer research and help to find a cure.

Click here to check out my page and donate if you feel lead to do so.

Thanks.

http://www.mypelotonia.org/images/logo-pelotonia.png

Edited by Otis Nice

I was on the fence to do 23. lol

Remember (if you haven't heard/read) that last year I was 421 pounds. I'm still at ~298 and haven't ridden more than 5 at a time up to this point. :)

Maybe I'll do the 43 for 2012. :) Thanks for the encouragement.

I was on the fence to do 23. lol

Remember (if you haven't heard/read) that last year I was 421 pounds. I'm still at ~298 and haven't ridden more than 5 at a time up to this point. :)

Maybe I'll do the 43 for 2012. :) Thanks for the encouragement.

WOW! That's fantastic progress, keep it up! Whenever I was training I would just thing about what cancer patients go through, and feel lucky that I am healthy and can be out there riding. This ride is about so many other things and people. Big props for you doing this :thumbup

Thanks for the props, and as you said, it's about what they've gone through. My fam has been hit by it and so many others. I ride for me, but more for them. I'm not wearing a "I've lost a crap ton of weight" jersey. ;) lol

Thanks again man.

My wife and I the morning of, right before the ride started. Her aunt had passed many years ago, and my best friends dad had just beat cancer right before this ride from treatment he received at the James!!......So needless to say, it meant alot that we were doing this.

http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/ae245/bmwohio/3fafbd74.jpg

I remember you work for Huntington...

Props to that bank for sponsoring their employees, but people outside of HBAN need to raise $1,000 to $1,500 to participate? I could be wrong...My sis-in-law did it last year, and she is a pro-fundraiser...she still had a few hundy to make up even after the race was over.

Great cause, but you need to definitely get support behind you in order to participate.

Props to that bank for sponsoring their employees, but people outside of HBAN need to raise $1,000 to $1,500 to participate? I could be wrong...My sis-in-law did it last year, and she is a pro-fundraiser...she still had a few hundy to make up even after the race was over.

Great cause, but you need to definitely get support behind you in order to participate.

This is true, but you have all the way until October to raise all the money. You don't have to have all the money the day of the race. Basically they get your CC number and whatever you don't raise, they ding your card in October.....yeah it kind of motivates you to raise the money :D

My wife works there, so I was on the Huntington Team.

Good deal. Makes sense now. :)

The bank gets the jerseys and helps some people cover. I still have to raise the money. I've had $600 promised already by a few friends and fam. Some told me they'd pay $1 for every pound I lost from the beggining of Feb. until race day, and as said, each participant has until October to collect. So far they owe me $27. :)

This is true, but you have all the way until October to raise all the money. You don't have to have all the money the day of the race. Basically they get your CC number and whatever you don't raise, they ding your card in October.....yeah it kind of motivates you to raise the money :D

Bingo. :)

EDIT: Less talky and more donating so I don't get slammed Clay. :p

My wife also works at Huntington and knows a bunch that are going to be doing this as well. They have been training since the beginning of the year.

Props to all that are participating. If all goes well, I will be riding in it next year.

I will be sure to donate some. It won't be much unfourtunatly right now I'm pretty tight. Good job on that weight loss it's truly amazing.

I'm shooting for Pelotonia 2012. I don't have the right bike or funds to make this years.

Has anyone thought Of creating a CR team? We have a bunch of members and I would happily help setup/run a few time/distance rallies in Order to raise some money around central Ohio.

As part of my getting in shape I've decided to ride in the Pelotonia this year. My company really pushes for this as part of their community involvement and since my grandma died from cancer complications and both grandpa's have fought cancer I'm riding in their honor.

For those of you that don't know what Pelotonia is, it's a bike ride in which 100% of the proceeds go towards cancer research and help to find a cure.

Click here to check out my page and donate if you feel lead to do so.

Thanks.

http://www.mypelotonia.org/images/logo-pelotonia.png

Thanks all, and every little bit helps. :)

I thought it'd be hard to raise the funds too but I don't think it will. When I thought about it so many friends/fam have been affected that can't ride that will support me and other riders.

• 4 months later...