spun bearing

Snowflake

let me know if you need any help today, ill be around the house playin with cars anyway lol

yeah this, I'm just sitting here and I'm right around the corner

Thanks to both of you for the offer. Work owns me and my weekend is Wednesday and Thursday these days.

Relying on the diagnosis from two trusted mechanics, I doubt there is any way not to pull the motor. I've been doing a lot of research and pulling the motor from the top is the way Im probably going to go with.

I know I'll have to take the intake and heads off, but what else should I remove ahead of time to make it easier to pull?

Would junkyards be the best place to start looking for an LQ4?

Thanks to both of you for the offer. Work owns me and my weekend is Wednesday and Thursday these days.

Relying on the diagnosis from two trusted mechanics, I doubt there is any way not to pull the motor. I've been doing a lot of research and pulling the motor from the top is the way Im probably going to go with.

I know I'll have to take the intake and heads off, but what else should I remove ahead of time to make it easier to pull?

Would junkyards be the best place to start looking for an LQ4?

By the time you get the heads off just about everything is out of the way. Pulling the radiator, leaving the A/C stuff in the car, then the rest is pretty obvious.

Check LS1tech for stuff, thats where I found my block but I had to drive to Pennsylvania to get it. A lot of junkyards put their shit on ebay, you could find something fairly local looking that way.

I've been doing a lot of research and pulling the motor from the top is the way Im probably going to go with.

You somehow think taking the motor down to a shortblock and disconnecting the trans in the car is easier than dropping the engine/trans out the bottom?

You somehow think taking the motor down to a shortblock and disconnecting the trans in the car is easier than dropping the engine/trans out the bottom?

Sounds like I should rethink the method Im going to use. Im all about whats easiest.

Got any info on your build?

Yea 99 5.3L stock everything and spray spray spray, for cheap power add Z06 cam and more spray? Rebuild kits are stupid expensive for these motors, and after all the hassle if you only rebuild it its still an aluminum LS1. I went cheap got a deal on a 5.3L for about 350 out the door and have been beating the shit out of it since.