Any one know if all 1st gen s10's share the steering column plugs?

Browning

I need one for a 1985 s15 jimmy 4x4 and am having trouble finding one. However, I have a 94 AWD Olds Bravada. Both are column shift, both are intermittent wiper and both are tilt. I can't find any one that can tell me for sure if the electrical plugs will be the same or not?

Before you say rip them out and try it, I'd rather know for sure before ripping both columns out. lol

I'm pretty sure but not positive. I think all the old school columns had the same connector on them. Sorry I can't give you a solid answer.

I have been seeing people say yes it's a direct bolt up while others say either the connectors are the same but the firewall mount is different, or the firewall mount is the same and the connectors are different

Couple different things.

1. The shift lever seems to have broken a spring or something and there's no tension there(when pulled back to place in gear) and it wants to hit the ignition.

2. Tilt bolts were loose and I have them tightened now but in the process I broke the little disk like horn button so now when you turn the wheel...honk....honk...

Thought maybe if I took the column out I could have some one tear it apart and see what's going on with it. Local guys want $50 just to look at it and that's me bringing them just the column.

took a gamble and drove the hour to pick n pull. Found one that would work and luckily it was on the column and had intermittent wipers. $17 Was expecting to pay $40 like shown on their site but I guess they were running a sale:cool: