how much crank hp does my car make?

pontiacfreak142

dumb question, i know. I have a guy that is interested and wants to know how much power the motor makes. I know there is no way of getting an exact awnser short of putting it on an engine dyno, but i figure i would get a few guesses from people that might have a good estimate. The car put down 225 whp and 230 tq through a 4l60e trans with a some what loose 3500 stall, 1 piece steel drive shaft, torsen posi unit with 4.10 gears.

I'll need to know if you actually want to race or not. Because it kind of goes like this:

- if you want to race, then you take whatever you say your car makes and add 200hp to it

- if you don't want to race and instead just want to hang out in a parking lot and talk, then you take whatever you say your car makes and subtract 200hp

I'll need to know if you actually want to race or not. Because it kind of goes like this:

- if you want to race, then you take whatever you say your car makes and add 200hp to it

- if you don't want to race and instead just want to hang out in a parking lot and talk, then you take whatever you say your car makes and subtract 200hp

i do race lol

Actually its hard to judge an automatic car on a rear wheel dyno because of converter slip. Only way to get a rough estimate is to run it at the track and use the numbers there to back figure.

look up wallace racing calculators and plug in your numbers

Actually its hard to judge an automatic car on a rear wheel dyno because of converter slip. Only way to get a rough estimate is to run it at the track and use the numbers there to back figure.

look up wallace racing calculators and plug in your numbers

Thats where I git the 265ish

yeah, it can be deceiving with an auto. my cobra laid down 580 rwhp with the previous tune and a 6 speed. i just had an automatic intalled and the car laid down 520rwhp with no other changes---same a/f ratio all the way across the board, same fuel parameters, same boost. quite a bit is lost through the torque converter. i haven't driven the car yet, so i can't comment on whether it feels faster or not