Good god GTOs are fat pigs

Linn1647545492

Having spent plenty of time with both GTOs and vettes up on my lift...these cars may share some powertrain parts but otherwise they come from different engineering planets. It's not just weight...which is obvious. The amount of rough, ugly, spot-welded, stamped steel under a goat is amazing. The amount of forged and machined aluminum and glued composite under a Z06 is equally impressive. The net result is a lot of power being consumed by flex in the goat....in addition to having to overcome the weight. I'm not a suspension expert or I would be dissing the energy wasted in "goat squat" too. I loved my goat...still miss it...but it has some serious design flaws you have to spend waaaay too much money and time to fix before it can compare to a vette.

Maybe I put it wrong. Off the line...the goat is going to spend energy in it's sloppy suspension and flexible chassis that would, should be going to the wheels. Once up to speed...the enemy is probably gearing, air resistance and weight to a certain extent. Now that I'm thinking more about it...square inches of rubber on the ground is a serious gap between these cars from a standing start too.