Red peon SRT-4

DKilbourne

Anyone know a red SRT-4 car that has down pipe only that is in the west side/GC area? May have been at trails last Sunday according to my passenger. Running who knows what ET at 108 or so. If so, please tell him to save the hard as look as 108 was enough 10 years ago, but not now. Thanks. PS.....no race happened. Just him hitting the limiter and staring like he wanted to eat my child as he was going the other direction. Silly kids.

Was the plate by chance EVL WAYS? or something like that?

If so, I've seen the peon you're talking about

Didn't see the plate. I was trying to pay attention to the traffic and then got a god aweful noise from the other side of the road. That's when I looked and laughed as I was getting the stink eye.

Edited by DKilbourne

I don't get the "hard ass" stinkeye shit from other car folks. Never been in a race where I didn't smile. As matter of fact I may or may not have received the business from a boosted Z06 yesterday. Good times. Of course I've never lost any worthwhile amount of money before.

It's all part of SRT-4 ownership. When I bought mine, Chapter 2 in the owner's manual was "Mean Mugging: The art of looking tough in a Neon".

I don't get it either, but the few times I've had something similar happen to me it's always some young hillbilly in a foxbody or ghetto retard in a clapped out import so I just laugh it off and ignore it. I'm with sol740, I'm the kind of guy that always gives a thumbs up or a smile and wave to a nice ride, I don't see the point in trying to intimidate them. lol

the art of owning a SRT-4 consists of revving at anything thing that looks fast enough to run them. but it always seems by chance they are never going in the same direction as you. for example the other day on High street, black SRT-4 with a "gangsta" looking white chap decides its cool while in stopped traffic to rev at me till i can hear his blow off valve. so in response i put my sun glasses on and mean mugged, its the only way to stop the stupidity!

It's the automotive way of saying "Good day chap, your car looks spot on good sir, have a glorious day."

I quick rev that doesn't risk throwing a rod is fine for that. Not bouncing off the limiter until it lets go.....If it was the friendly variety I wouldn't care. The I'm a hard ass stare was too much for me. I couldn't help but laugh.

shit, at least some of you guys get srt's revving at you. the only thing i ever get are 16 year old kids from reynoldsburg in there riced out junk thinking they are hard asses. I even had one kid in a last gen civic si hatch sit behind me at a light and bounce his pile of crap off the rev limiter till the light turned green.

shit, at least some of you guys get srt's revving at you. the only thing i ever get are 16 year old kids from reynoldsburg in there riced out junk thinking they are hard asses. I even had one kid in a last gen civic si hatch sit behind me at a light and bounce his pile of crap off the rev limiter till the light turned green.

Don't worry, we get those dumbasses too. Last week as I was pulling up to a two lane red light in Westerville, a moron in a light green, late 80s, early 90s Accord/coffee can combo sees me slowing to a stop, swerves in front of me to cut me off, missing my fender by inches, then at the light, proceeds to rev incessantly for the entire duration of the light. Ofcourse he "gunned it" when the light changed straight into rush hour State St. traffic.

Don't worry, we get those dumbasses too. Last week as I was pulling up to a two lane red light in Westerville, a moron in a light green, late 80s, early 90s Accord/coffee can combo sees me slowing to a stop, swerves in front of me to cut me off, missing my fender by inches, then at the light, proceeds to rev incessantly for the entire duration of the light. Ofcourse he "gunned it" when the light changed straight into rush hour State St. traffic.

I would've proceeded to get out and kick his ass until the light went green, then return to my car and drive away sensibly.

damn, i would have chased his down and beat some ass for that. It is pretty awsome though, we have a guy that runs around here with a mazdaspeed protege that thinks he is a major badass with his little turbo car. this guy (yes i said guy, not kid as he was older than me) tried to race me in the middle of rush hour on main st in reynoldsburg. We ended up at a light with no one in front, so i punched it and got about a car ahead and let off at 20 mph lol. Same guy ended up talking shit to and getting his ass kicked by some kid in an srt neon at trails 2 days later.

i dont mind a friendly rev, but as stated when someone is taking it to redline its a bit much. for example a few weeks ago a white C6 vert all blacked out with out of state plates revved at my WRX asked me what i had and asked for a rev i smiled and showed him the 2step, we kept driving and when he turned he gave a thumbs up and a wave. that is what i think think is a friendly gesture between car people.