Sold my 01 sv650...Now getting a new toy...Which one??

Dubguy85

SO I just sold my 01sv50 yesterday and ready for something new...I am DEF getting a naked bike...I was looking at ducati monsters and triumph speeds for a bit, but am not sure if I wanna go that route yet...

So its between a 2003 sv1000 Naked or a 2006 sv650 naked....Which should i get? I love the 650 because how light it is, and afraid the 1000 will be to heavy...I just want something more comfortable on longer rides, and to zip around town on....

Here are pics

Here is the sv1000

sv1000.jpg

Here is the 650

sv650pitts.jpg

Does the 1000 feel a lot heavier than the 650???

sv1000

Dry weight:185.0 kg (407.9 pounds)

sv650

Dry weight:165.0 kg (363.8 pounds)

not a huge difference but im sure quite noticeable between the two, but I will agree with 600ZZ, if you still have the gixxer go with the 650

Sv1K FTMFW. Though, I'm bias.

Honestly, for a naked bike... I love the sound the Vtwins make, but I've read some good (and a little bad, but very little) about Kawi Z1000's.

So, depending on your personal style - you could get the thumping vtwin, or the I4. Just remember that they don't make the SV1k anymore, so they're getting more rare (that's a double-edged sword).

I am DEF keeping the gsxr 750......

I looked at the speed triple...There is a sweet one in Columbus for sale but its a 1999...I was looking for something a bit newer.....I was kinda wanting a v twin and not a inline 3 or 4....

I still will probably track this....I sold the 01sv650 because it needed to much work for ME...I'm SUPER picky about buying things used....They almost have to be in PERFECT condition for me to be satisfied with it....So I want something newer that needs NOTHING....

Well the Monster I rode was the baby one (696 I think) but it felt cheap. Very flickable but also very underpowered. I confess I haven't ridden an SV, but where nakeds are concerned even with more power I'm not crazy about the way the Duc is put together. It was even a bit underwhelming in the personality department. I liked the CB919, Zrx12, and Triple a lot more if we're comparing nakeds (that I have actually ridden).

Other than that I can only make the comparisons from the reviews I've read (I check www.biketestusa.com every day, I can't help it).

Maybe I just don't like air-cooled engines, I dunno.

I don't think the SV has changed enough to justify getting another one a few years newer

but aren't all of the 1000's in the "S" riding position? not sure if that's a concern for you or not

not a lot of naked vtwins to choose from unfortunately

I don't think the SV has changed enough to justify getting another one a few years newer

but aren't all of the 1000's in the "S" riding position? not sure if that's a concern for you or not

not a lot of naked vtwins to choose from unfortunately

Quite a bit has changed...Fuel injected, and so forth....But its not even about that...Its about me being a psycho about the condition of things, and I can RARELY buy used stuff, because its usually not in good enough shape for me to like it....That 2001 I had was a little rough.....I want something MINT MINT MINT, with no flaws...That was the main reason for selling it...plus I made a few hundred bucks as well

Edited by Dubguy85

Quite a bit has changed...Fuel injected, and so forth....But its not even about that...Its about me being a psycho about the condition of things, and I can RARELY by used stuff, because its usually not in good enough shape for me to like it....That 2001 I had was a little rough.....I want something MINT MINT MINT, with no flaws...That was the main reason for selling it...plus I made a few hundred bucks as well

Mint, you say? 2009 Kawasaki ER-6n :badgerrock:

Soooo hot:

Kawasaki_ER_6N_2009_32_1024x768.jpg

Quite a bit has changed...Fuel injected, and so forth....But its not even about that...Its about me being a psycho about the condition of things, and I can RARELY buy used stuff, because its usually not in good enough shape for me to like it....That 2001 I had was a little rough.....I want something MINT MINT MINT, with no flaws...That was the main reason for selling it...plus I made a few hundred bucks as well

yeah, but it isn't like they make a bunch more power now or anything like that

it's basically the same bike, get a 1k :D