WTB: B5 A4 STUFF

STEVE-O

Looking for the following if you got it :)

HIDS 8000k-12000k

Interior wood grain trim ( dont know if they offered like a brushed aluminum or anything else would also be nice)

Black deck lid

Newer style or aftermarket steering wheel ( the 3 spoke ones)

Any performance parts for the 2.8l (intake, exhaust, or even bigger brake kit etc.)

And feel free to post if you got other parts that I may not have listed... thanks

Edited by STEVE-O

B5 you mean...

Yes, they have wood trim, and most S4 people hate it so you can probably find those floating around fairly easily. S4's also had aluminum trim which is sought after, then of course the RS4 had piano black trim.

I'm pretty sure that S4 brakes will bolt right up, and so would any A4+S4 and pretty much any Audi brakes. The brakes on Jones' A4 would be a nice upgrade.

• Upvote 1

B5 you mean...

Yes, they have wood trim, and most S4 people hate it so you can probably find those floating around fairly easily. S4's also had aluminum trim which is sought after, then of course the RS4 had piano black trim.

I'm pretty sure that S4 brakes will bolt right up, and so would any A4+S4 and pretty much any Audi brakes. The brakes on Jones' A4 would be a nice upgrade.

ya man i feel like a noober lol I got ahead of myself IF A MOD COULD CHANGE THAT TO SAY B5 A4

What brake kit does jones have?? I read the write up showing the s4 bolts right up but it did not list a size or show them side by side so I was unsure of how BIG of a upgrade that really is.

ya man i feel like a noober lol I got ahead of myself IF A MOD COULD CHANGE THAT TO SAY B5 A4

What brake kit does jones have?? I read the write up showing the s4 bolts right up but it did not list a size or show them side by side so I was unsure of how BIG of a upgrade that really is.

He has the stock brakes on there, which I guess is the same as the B6/B7 S4. They may not look like it, but they are somewhat of an upgrade over B5 S4 brakes.

So B7 A4 calipers will bolt on. They will work with any of the following rotors:

Audi All Road

Audi B5 S4

Audi B7 A4

Audi C5 A6 2.7T

Audi C5 A6 4.2

Audi C5 S6

If you want a really nice upgrade for a decent price, the VW Touareg/Porsche Cayenne 6-piston brembos will bolt right up also.

Stock B5 S4 vs Touareg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/brianXtdc/004-10.jpg

Just go to Audizine and have fun. Audiworld is also ok, but I don't like the layout as much as the zine. If Jones upgrades I'm going to need those before Steve will since I'm going over what I should be doing on stock A4 brakes. I would love to find a set of VW Touareg/Porsche Cayenne 6-piston brembos, but then I also need to find wheels at the same time since I don't think the 17's fit on those. So that will be maybe after state fair show where I make a nice bonus.

don't do the HID's without doing the factory projectors. You can get the US ones pretty cheap, hell e-codes aren't even that expensive. I think mine were like $300 back in the day or something and that was 8 years ago.

HID kits are a dime a dozen. I paid big money for mine 8 years ago...like $550 or something to get Philips balast and OEM Osram bulbs. These days you can buy a decent kit for like $100-150, cheap ones for like $50

check with "The Retrofit Source", local guys that carry both cheap and expensive solutions for HID applications.

don't do the HID's without doing the factory projectors. You can get the US ones pretty cheap, hell e-codes aren't even that expensive. I think mine were like $300 back in the day or something and that was 8 years ago.

HID kits are a dime a dozen. I paid big money for mine 8 years ago...like $550 or something to get Philips balast and OEM Osram bulbs. These days you can buy a decent kit for like $100-150, cheap ones for like $50

check with "The Retrofit Source", local guys that carry both cheap and expensive solutions for HID applications.

MY a4 doesnt have projectors or anything so I was just going to get the cheap like $45 kit from ebay. I ahve used it on my gtp and friends cars and never had any problems with them.

I do need to look at some fog light kits though because mine also has no fog lights or anything for them but I would love to add some

MY a4 doesnt have projectors or anything so I was just going to get the cheap like $45 kit from ebay. I ahve used it on my gtp and friends cars and never had any problems with them.

You are not the person who will have a problem with them, it's everyone else you are driving behind. Don't be like Paul.

I am only running 16 so I probably will only do the s4 upgrade once I NEED brake considering mine are new right now :)
I don't think the S4's can fit behind the 16's so you will need some wheels to go with that.

You can go a cheaper route with brake upgrade and do audi TT caliper carriers, A8 rotors, and use the stock calipers

How much bigger are the a8 rotors than stock a4? I assume because you are using the stock a4 calipers they will have no problems clearing the 16 inch wheels?

I think they are 312mm like Missy's car, but make sure they clear the stock wheels.

They are 312mm. I dont know if the bolt pattern is the same on her gli but that would be sweet I could test fit my rims on their sometime