app to project phone screen onto laptop/PC

evan9381

does anything like this exist? something where you could connect your phone via USB and have a small window come up on your computer with the same screen as what would show on the phone? this way you could use your computer keyboard to send emails/texts through your phone, play video games with a mouse instead of the touch screen, etc.

just curious. was thinking about it today while chatting with someone via text that it'd be way easier if i had a way to type on a keyboard instead of the virtual keyboard on the phone

you are way overcomplicating it for one, but you could do pretty much that with the android developer toolkit (with android phone)

bluetooth keyboard + phone works, or on any android phone, if you enable USB-OTG mode you can use a usb keyboard with the right adapter.

your first line made sense

line 2, not so much. lol. im an idiot with this...i worked for like 4+ hours trying to root my phone before james came over and did it in like 10 minutes. lol. i was just curious if there was a simple thing i could download on my computer and as soon as i plugged in my phone, the display would show up in a small window.