Someone killed on Henderson & Winterset

Big Chief201

I'm not saying this poor soul was riding irresponsibly but.

I've seen too many riders being assholes this year.

It's a good 50/50 mix of cruisers and sport rider assholes too.

I was the one that drove by it when it happened. It was very graphic. Channel 6 news said that the rider might of been racing another bike right before it happen. I heard him at WOT so that is a possibility. Sucks to see this happen already. Everyone ride safe!

I was the one that drove by it when it happened. It was very graphic. Channel 6 news said that the rider might of been racing another bike right before it happen. I heard him at WOT so that is a possibility. Sucks to see this happen already. Everyone ride safe!

i just watched that too :nono:

We had a friend of ours die last week on his bike. He was wearing gear. His scorpion helmet was worthless because he still crushed his skull. He was with other friends trying to pass on a two way road and came up to on a blind hill top/corner, and on the other side was a durango. he died at the scene.

I had a dog come after me today. i ran it over. i looked back in my mirror and saw it running toward me again so i just kept riding.

Watch out and ride smart.

actually the dog lunged its head at the right side of my bike then it fell and i ran its foot over or something and it tumbled to the side of the road, got back up and started after me again. it must of had rabies.

Northwest Side

1 killed when motorcycle hits car

Tuesday, March 17, 2009 11:14 PM

By Tim Doulin

THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH

One person is dead after a motorcyclist possibly racing on the Northwest Side slammed into the side of a car. The victim's name wasn't released by Columbus police late last night. He died at the scene shortly after 10p.m.

The crash occurred at the intersection of Henderson and Winterset Drive.

One motorist who was on Winterset and waiting for the light to change said he watched as two motorcycles came speeding east on Henderson.

"I've ridden motorcycles all my life and they were going 100 miles per hour at least," said John Tarini of the Northwest Side.

Tarini said a car going west on Henderson was turning left onto Winterset as the motorcycles came upon it. He said one motorcyclist managed to veer around the car, but the other slammed into the passenger side of the vehicle.

A friend of that car's driver was standing at the crash site last night and said the driver was Joann Orr, 70, who was coming home from a Bible study class. She said Orr wasn't injured.

Further details weren't available.