Invited here

steppenwolf

Sad. Just sad.

Now that is funny...Yuppers we are a strange lot..we have buried our brothers next to the tracks and we have married our sister next to them..

5-2-2006-047.jpg

I can go back to Clare Yards when my mom was a babe in the cab of a steam engine before she was the twinkle in my dad's eye..

DSC_0130.jpg

Trains & bikes...maybe I will talk about that later why they are sorta the same..

Now that is funny...Yuppers we are a strange lot..we have buried our brothers next to the tracks and we have married our sister next to them..

Not so strange, my grandpa was a conductor - he was buried next to the tracks as well. Pretty memorable to have a train roll by, horn blasting, when you're 9 yrs old at a funeral.

Sam and Fonz, I did tile for a guy that went to Poland for vacation. While there he paid to conduct a train from one side to the other. He talks like he is big stuff, But I figure it's on tracks how much conducting do you do? Secondly, he was in Poland, they probably should have paid him to drive it so the load got there safe, as opposed to a native driving it.

For the record I like Polish people, just heard a lot of stories about them, which I don't know to be true or not.

Sam and Fonz, I did tile for a guy that went to Poland for vacation. While there he paid to conduct a train from one side to the other. He talks like he is big stuff, But I figure it's on tracks how much conducting do you do? Secondly, he was in Poland, they probably should have paid him to drive it so the load got there safe, as opposed to a native driving it.

For the record I like Polish people, just heard a lot of stories about them, which I don't know to be true or not.

Going from point A to point B as a Conductor, all they do is look out the window. Nothing to it. The Engineer does all the work. He paid to do it? Retarded. Hell they couldn't pay me enough to be a Conductor;)

I probably am a foamer but I don't care about the consist or power,in the early days always looked for a center flo to ride on,the little hole on the end hide ya from everybody.I don't hop freights any more but now I camp next to,ride Amtrak or follow the tracks on my bike which will give you some scenic rides and back roads.Example..RT8 in northern KY..follows the CSX and the OH river,fun ride and good scenery,go further and pick up RT52 and take it deep into the heart of coal country and follow the tracks...

View from my tent last year on a quickie ride..

01-03-07045-1.jpg

Not much of a tent but it works..

12-12-07118.jpg

Main reason I am here is because this is the Cincinnati forum...like reading stories about this area..ride out of Dunlap.Like seeing pics from rides and the area around here,neat area to live in..variety.

Just a short jump to IN

DSC_0294.jpg

as the banjos start...

DSC_0295.jpg

But Cincinnati IS the place to be:)

6-22-08301.jpg

Need a little help here,this being the Cincinnati group,taking a group of us old bikes to Madison IN this spring,got a good route planned out,led them last year on a really nice ride ,met at New Richmond and took east RT.52,hit Point Pleasant,stopped at the dam,took the ferry to Augusta and then RT.8 to Maysville to the flood wall which is all scenic riding,the Rankin House in Ripley then 505 to 756 t0 222 to 50 to Perintown where we went our seperate ways.A good combination of scenic and a few twisties and easy to keep a group together..so question??

After reading a few comments on this board about NKY would like to get a fall run together for our little XS1100 Yamaha group on a bunch of back roads where we would have more or less a loop ride with few towns so we can stay together...not looking for the go fast type of ride just a great ride with scenery and good roads..I have heard of RT 10 but have not been on it...something in the 100 to 150 mile range...cple of riders have to ride 50 miles just to get to Cincy...any thoughts...the ride will be in the fall ...just old bikes with cane holders:)

DSC_0085.jpg