PC Guru's - Best free or low cost back up software

TTQ B4U

Have my new PC build and it's going strong.

Since Feb I've been doing weekly incremental back ups using the Win 7 Backup tool, but it's dog slow and many times it will not complete and I' have a feeling it's not as reliable as it needs to be.

Without debating that part too much, I'm looking for what your thoughts are a nice simple low cost back up software that will do incremental.

I'll continue to use Windows to make images of the drives and I have them from early on in my build, but of course I like to do one monthly too.

Thoughts? Links?

Thanks!

Carbonite & Synctoys = Win.

Clone all your folders on network & external drives & local to 1 drive w/ organized folders using synctoys. Then have carbonite back that fucker up.

You got me thinking. We use carbonite at my wife's office as it's always on and she never has to really think about it. I like that.

I believe I've fixed the issue with the backups failing and have a brand new drive formatted and a full backup of my files running now. We'll see. If it runs through the night and works fine, I'll be pleased. If not, I'll look at carbonite here at home too. I just like having them on a physical disk in my hands/bank deposit box. I suppose I could do both to be really safe. Worth the money for sure.

You got me thinking. We use carbonite at my wife's office as it's always on and she never has to really think about it. I like that.

I believe I've fixed the issue with the backups failing and have a brand new drive formatted and a full backup of my files running now. We'll see. If it runs through the night and works fine, I'll be pleased. If not, I'll look at carbonite here at home too. I just like having them on a physical disk in my hands/bank deposit box. I suppose I could do both to be really safe. Worth the money for sure.

That's what I do, stuff from various drives/ shares/ gets dumped into 1 central drive. (synctoys)

That central drive is then incrementally backed up by carbonite so as new files are added, you have a copy of them somewhere.