clutch in new cars

AWW$HEEET

do new "manual" cars all have a servo activated or electronic clutch, versus a cable or hydraulic setup?

i drove a newer mustang once (paul's), and the clutch servo controlled and made it feel unrealistic vs. other cars with clutch cable/hydraulic system.

do new "manual" cars all have a servo activated or electronic clutch, versus a cable or hydraulic setup?

i drove a newer mustang once (paul's), and the clutch servo controlled and made it feel unrealistic vs. other cars with clutch cable/hydraulic system.

What the hell are you talking about ?

New manual cars still have hydraulic slave/master systems for clutch actuations.

A lot of them have restrictors / devices to slow the clutch release/ actuation though, making it feel slow and or mushy...

New manual cars still have hydraulic slave/master systems for clutch actuations.

A lot of them have restrictors / devices to slow the clutch release/ actuation though, making it feel slow and or mushy...

very much true

BMW does that on every car they have now

makes clutches last less long, takes away from driver feel, severely cuts down on the ability to chirp tires

Guest Hal
very much true

BMW does that on every car they have now

makes clutches last less long, takes away from driver feel, severely cuts down on the ability to chirp tires

You can remove the BMW bullshit valve if you want to. It makes the car drive a hell of a lot better.

You can remove the BMW bullshit valve if you want to. It makes the car drive a hell of a lot better.

I know

My car didn t have it. 96-99 coupe M3 didn t have it...............pretty much everyone who gets a BMW to actually drive does it as one of their first mods....not long ago, I helped a friend (97 M3 sedan) do his and you should have seen how giddy he was on the test drive that he was able to easily chirp 2nd

How simple is it? We've got an '06 330xi and I hate the feel of the clutch. It's just the wife's "toy" so I've never looked into doing much to it, but if this is a freebie/cheap/easy mod I'll definitely look into it.

How simple is it? We've got an '06 330xi and I hate the feel of the clutch. It's just the wife's "toy" so I've never looked into doing much to it, but if this is a freebie/cheap/easy mod I'll definitely look into it.

it s VERY easy

i can help you....I have a power bleeder...all you need is spare brake fluid (clutch needs bled afterwards and power bleeder makes like 10000 times easier)

shoot me a PM for when you wish to do it :)

I've got a bleeder as well, and live almost and hour and a half south of you, so it'd probably be easier just to do it in my garage. lol

I really appreciate the offer though! I'll do some research on the bimmer forums. The car has the Sport and weather packages and whatnot, we love it but the things I want to do (lower, front lip, possibly exhaust) she does not see necessary. Such is life.

im talking about a manual linkage from your goddamn foot, to the goddamn 3rd pedal, to the goddamn cable/hydraulic line, to the clutch slave cylinder, to the motherfucking clutch. not a "hey i pushed the clutch in, and that told the computer to activate the servo to push the clutch in/out"

something you would know nothing about driving that 50k piece of paddle shifted shit.

:lolguy:

you are gay

Jesus christ Gabe. It's a car. Not a fucking plane lol.

yeah since airplanes have clutches.

eat a cessna 172 dick

I've got a bleeder as well, and live almost and hour and a half south of you, so it'd probably be easier just to do it in my garage. lol

I really appreciate the offer though! I'll do some research on the bimmer forums. The car has the Sport and weather packages and whatnot, we love it but the things I want to do (lower, front lip, possibly exhaust) she does not see necessary. Such is life.

it s easy...I advise you bleed at only 7-8 psi with the power bleeder....be 100% sure the fluid in the reservoir is topped off when you begin....the MC reservoir has 2 compartments, 1 for brake system and 1 for clutch system...so if you bleed the clutch system dry, you won't have affected the brake system.......or vice versa

Guest Hal
It's incredibly easy to do. There are a ton of writeups out there on forums like DTMPower.net. I haven't looked at the valve on the E60 cars, but on the E46 cars you just climb under the car, remove the valve, hollow it out (or buy a hollowed one), replace the valve, bleed the clutch, enjoy.

It's incredibly easy to do. There are a ton of writeups out there on forums like DTMPower.net. I haven't looked at the valve on the E60 cars, but on the E46 cars you just climb under the car, remove the valve, hollow it out (or buy a hollowed one), replace the valve, bleed the clutch, enjoy.

zeckhausen does say to replace the cluitch delay valve with a modified one , but I don t believe that s necessary. I just straight up remove it and don t put anything there to replace it on bmwohio's car when I did it