2000 bonneville help.

pontiacfreak142

the car has kind of a thumping sound/ feeling that im pretty sure is coming from the front end. You can feel it when a little when your going strait, but it gets worse when you turn right. It doesnt whine like a wheel bearing. Ive already swapped the drivers side tires around and am going to do the passenger side here in a bit. Anything else i should check for?

Intermediate Steering Shaft. They're a problem on the Bonnevilles, Tahoes, Suburbans, trucks, etc. It goes bad and it makes weird noises turning.

EDIT: Mom's Tahoe had it replaced three times.

Intermediate Steering Shaft. They're a problem on the Bonnevilles, Tahoes, Suburbans, trucks, etc. It goes bad and it makes weird noises turning.

EDIT: Mom's Tahoe had it replaced three times.

thats the thing, it doesnt make noise though. its more like if a tire had a bulge in it kind of feel. it just thumps along as you drive, kind of goes away when you turn left and gets worse when you go right.

thats the thing, it doesnt make noise though. its more like if a tire had a bulge in it kind of feel. it just thumps along as you drive, kind of goes away when you turn left and gets worse when you go right.

I bet it is a wheel or tire, likely the left front, rotate them front to rear and see if it changes.

Yeah but a wheel bearing usually doesn't thump, surprised your dad hasn't figured it out for you.

he drove it once and said the same thing you did, but now hes not sure either since i have rotated the tires.

AJ, thats kind of what im afraid of.

351, ive asked a few people that have heard it, and no one seems to think that would be it.

hopefullt if its not raining i will be able to get the front end off the ground tomorrow.

AJ, thats kind of what im afraid of.

351, ive asked a few people that have heard it, and no one seems to think that would be it.

you understand what 351 and i said are the same thing right?

do a bounce test on the car and see if your shocks could be bad due to bad shocks dont really keep resistance to your tires to the ground and giving you a bumpy ride and a thumping noise thats just my guess though ive seen it a couple times i thought it was weird but turns out hondas love to do that.

or try having the runout checked on the rim and tires and match the high spot on the tire and the low spot on the rim matched then rebalanced and see if that will help too you gotta find some place with a road force tire machine.

or try having the runout checked on the rim and tires and match the high spot on the tire and the low spot on the rim matched then rebalanced and see if that will help too you gotta find some place with a road force tire machine.

thanks ill look into that.

also, dont know if it helps/ changes anything, but braking also makes it worse.

That or the sway bar completely broke. My 99 Regal broke where the bar gets thin for the bushings. Just snapped in half. I guess from reading up on it the stock sway bars suck and are hollow. I went with one from Orieleys for $100 or so.