Stealth Blackhawk Helicopter

Mallard

So it seems that the Blackhawk that went down during the Osama raid was not completely destroyed by the SEAL team. The tail section has been photographed pretty well intact, and it's nothing that's ever been seen before. Pakastan now has the wreckage, and you can bet the Chinese want to get their hands on it.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/top-secret-stealth-helicopter-program-revealed-osama-bin/story?id=13530693

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2011/05/05/136017082/reports-secret-stealth-black-hawk-helicopters-used-in-bin-laden-raid

What gets me is why when they see the left-overs in the plain site, we didn't just dispatch a drone to finish that shit off. Finders-Keepers bullshit doesn't apply here and I would tell the Packs to fuck off.

I am also blown away by all the fuck-sticks trying to make it sound like Killing Osama wasn't a valid justified kill. Shit, I don't care if he was armed or not, he was more than justifiably killed.

The stealth hawk was a proto back in the 80's when the race was on to be invisible to radar. What the media wont tell you is that 160th wasnt the only aviation asset out that night. Probably because of blackhawk down and they want to make some controversy. Hopefully it is being tracked and will be scooped up by us very soon. China claims to have stealth capabiliy similar to the f35 in their new fighter.

Flight concepts and 160th were both there that night. I have never seen a tail like that though. Looks like the folding stabilator of an H-60M but the 5 blade tail is new to me.

Why would the Chinese want it? What do they do around the world to keep it safe?

The news claimed that the US and China were in a race to perfect the technology and the tail rotor design is a big part of that. Obviously, China doesn't do much except build the worlds largest standing army in order to intimidate their neighbors, they're no world police.

What gets me is why when they see the left-overs in the plain site, we didn't just dispatch a drone to finish that shit off. Finders-Keepers bullshit doesn't apply here and I would tell the Packs to fuck off.

I am also blown away by all the fuck-sticks trying to make it sound like Killing Osama wasn't a valid justified kill. Shit, I don't care if he was armed or not, he was more than justifiably killed.

Honestly no good would have come from keeping him alive. It would have made him more of a marter then he already is. They went in with the intent to kill and honestly I am completely fine with that.

Curious to see where it goes. Every plain jane H-60l we have has equipment to show its ID electronically so the seewhiz/CRAM/phalanx wont shoot us down. Its a radar based system. Why spend millions making something stealth when you could hack their system and get the current "friendly" code or fills?

I was about to say, it seems like an updated MH-60 to me. All I can remember is, those damn whirlybirds are quiet. As in, a lot quieter than a UH-60 by a long shot.

It's amazing how much quieter the military copters has gotten. I use to literally live 3 blocks from an Army Air Field growing up. The older copters would rattle the windows day and night. The newer ones with the bubble on top were hard to hear and locate behind a tree line.

DAP is flying sex! There have been 0 changes in the 60's main or tail rotor designs until the UH60M model where they did away with the BIM indicator and made a different blade design to keep the tip caps a little more away from the speed of sound. Resulting in a quieter bird. Unfortunately only 1st CAB and few NG unit have the "mike" model. SOAR uses the mh60k variant which still uses the uh60L rotor heads. They just get the good stuff like autopilot, flir, weapons controls, midair refuel, external hoist, and dillons.

DAP is flying sex! There have been 0 changes in the 60's main or tail rotor designs until the UH60M model where they did away with the BIM indicator and made a different blade design to keep the tip caps a little more away from the speed of sound. Resulting in a quieter bird. Unfortunately only 1st CAB and few NG unit have the "mike" model. SOAR uses the mh60k variant which still uses the uh60L rotor heads. They just get the good stuff like autopilot, flir, weapons controls, midair refuel, external hoist, and dillons.

As a M Model Black hawk pilot, thank you for being the only one to put the M in the right position!

I was wondering why they kept moving the Comanches around on base!

As a M Model Black hawk pilot, thank you for being the only one to put the M in the right position!

I was wondering why they kept moving the Comanches around on base!

I'm trying to get the M transition course so I can have a better resume when I'm out. I don't think the rotor brake was really necessary but I don't get paid to design them. When did they get Mikes at flight school?

I'm trying to get the M transition course so I can have a better resume when I'm out. I don't think the rotor brake was really necessary but I don't get paid to design them. When did they get Mikes at flight school?

I am not sure when but I know they are experimenting with a new course. Basically I will fly a lima for a little bit then move to the M. I am reserves so I don't go through aircraft selection. They have been sending some active duty guys through the mike course as a experiment and are probably going to send all 60 drives through it in the next year or so.

When are you expected to come to mother rucker again?