2011 Acadia Denali

V8 Beast

I went to Dan Tobin to get my oil changed and hollar at my dude Howard in the service department. While I was there I saw one of these in the showroom. Cant say I would drop $48k on a new one but I can see myself owning one in about 2 years. Its extrememly comfortable with 3 row seating. They even went as far as having volume and radio controls in the back for tailgating along with the heated seats and other comfort perks. They are pretty badass for what they are and have a nice look to them.

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/car/09q4/2011_gmc_acadia_denali-auto_shows/gallery

Thoughts?

I'm the new car sales manager at Dan Tobin. Just bought one of these for my wife at the beginning of last month. We absolutely love it. I don't make my wife drive what we sell so we looked at a little bit of everything (including the Odyssey, Flex and Lincoln MKT) and she still came back to the Acadia.

FYI: The majority of the issues with the Acadias were in the 2007 models (first production year).

Also, I was sitting in the General Managers office (right over top the service drive) when your wife picked up the T/A and about jumped out of his seat when it started. Thought the guy was going to have a heart attack.

:megusta:

Longest wheel studs ever.... :fuckyeah:

We've put over 7 transmissions in them under warranty this year at the dealership, seriously. We've also rebuilt at least 3-4 engines with streched timing chains, 1 of which bent the valves from interference because the chains streched that far. One of the worst GMs currently in production, Traverse and Acadias. Crappy noisey power steering, typical noisey sway bar links, and loose wheel bearings, I wouldn't recommend one.

+1 These are the same things I seen when working at GM dealer here in Lima

Also, I was sitting in the General Managers office (right over top the service drive) when your wife picked up the T/A and about jumped out of his seat when it started. Thought the guy was going to have a heart attack.

:megusta:

Longest wheel studs ever.... :fuckyeah:

:lol: My wife did say she met you. I'll have to say whats up the next time I'm in there. I got a call from work and had to run back.

The Acadia was the replacement for the Envoy. So recently when I needed to go out and find something with 3rd row seating to replace the standard Envoy I just sold, I ignored the Acadia and found an Envoy XL Denali. I think they are far nicer and I really enjoyed my previous one... :nod:

the front end of the acadia is all kinds of disproportionate. The grill looks way to small, the rest of the fascia way too big. Also, there is nothing I hate more in the automotive world than GM interiors. Nothing says "I settled for this" like acres of gray monotone plastic as far as the eye can see.

FYI: The majority of the issues with the Acadias were in the 2007 models (first production year).

^Hope so, I have about 11K miles on my 2010.

Overall, it is a great automobile. My wife enjoys the SUV likeness and the unibody construction (glorified minivan) work well. Tires are pretty big and the interior is comfortable on long trips. Definately not my first pick, but the Acadia is as big as a Tahoe from an interior perspective. No v8, but will average 24 - 26 MPG highway.