Losing Faith in CPD

Yasser-Hanbali

so i have to rant somewhere about this issue so what better place than CR at 1:15 in the morning. well to start i live on the Ass end and i mean end of Chittenden past 4th and literally live 5 minutes walking distance from the police station on 11th. now on to the story, i was woken up at around 12:15 by loud screaming between a girl and a man. no big deal as this happens on the regular, so i took a look out my window only to see this guy has this girl in a full on headlock and is landing some decent blows to her face/upper chest. so as im sitting there watching for about 10 seconds to determine if is drunk "joking" or real physical abuse she yell "someone please call the cops" so i called the dispatcher expecting a fast response as i watch this unfold, i didnt want to get involved or shout out the window as i have no clue who this guy is and what he might have on him or in him, so im watching powerless also knowing getting involved could result in charges against myself. so after 15+ minutes of waiting for a cruiser CPD shows up one cruiser and the paddy wagon, they were only outside for 5 minutes tops. nothing was issued no arrests and so on i wanted to go outside and say something as i witnessed the whole event. but then they allow the guy and the girl involved get into the same car as when someone came to get them and drive off, nothing more was said for done :mad: what really gets me and trips me out is people always call my house in for noise when we have people over, and their response time on a Friday night is no longer than 10 minutes then will get out of the car and ask for ID and so on. it amazes me that a noise complaint gets more attention than a call on domestic violence or the way that it was handled made it look like its okay to beat women.

sorry about the long post but im pretty heated about the event, with the lack of speed by the Law and how a real crime is treated more lightly than loud speakers.

:fuuuu::fuuuu::fuuuu::fuuuu::fuuuu:

The girl involved has the right to refuse to press charges on him. you did the right thing OP but it doesn't change how people defend their partners when they shouldn't.

If she had any visible marks it wouldnt be up to her anymore. The police would have to make an arrest and the state would press the charges. If the guy was beating her like you say he must be a weak ass motherfucker to not inflict any visible damage.

She probably likes the beatings and he should do a better job.

I call BS. I think on any domestic violence calls, the police have to take at least one party, legally.

They dont have to take them, they have to seperate them. On the other hand if you dont report it you dont have to do anything.

i wish i could say the situation was BS, but its not i just going to wait till someone complains about our speakers again since the same guy always comes. i want to bring up the issue if your taking down my information because a noise complaint and not for someone who has done an actual crime. then Damnit im going to play my super loud music.

Way to be a bitch and standby watching while a chick is beaten.

Hopefully someone reacts the same way if a female loved one of yours is in the same situation.

+1

also you can at least whip out your phone and video the fight. That could be helpful evidence.

Ha, like all you guys would have jumped outside and got in between a couple screaming at 1am on Chittenden...

suuuuuurrrrrreee you would have. I wouldn't even have called it in. That same couple will be getting drunk again and repeating that scene next Saturday night.

I saw the wagon out there when i was on my way to labambas late last night. lol...musta been something different now that i think of it because we didnt get to labambas til 2...wagon was at summit and 11th IIRC

you probably have a couple options

1)move to a better area

2)go outside and intervene when shit like this happens

3)at the very least, video tape it with your phone

4)call the cpd and discuss the response time and your concerns

5)do nothing, say nothing--just move on with your life

6)whine about it like a bitch on a car website

out of all those options, you seriously chose #6??

• Upvote 1

Guest Hal

1. Good idea to wait inside the house and call the police. You're right, you have no idea what that guy was capable of.

2. Was the physical altercation over when the police arrived?

2a. If the altercation was over, you should have put someone's (I assume you have none) man pants on and gone to speak to the police. The woman likely was terrified and did not want to "make anything worse" by telling them what really happened. You witnessed the event and, from what I gather, were just too scared to tell the cops what happened.

2b. If they were still fighting 15 mins later, he's a pussy, and the police were terrible.

3. Try keeping your noise down. Obviously your dumb ass is offending people by being so blatantly disrespectful.

4. Buy a pair of man pants.

5. Put on said man pants.