meth people

nuttinfas

i have a 96 cobra with a supercharger and meth injection on it. I'm having new piston put in the car because i was down 3 cylinders and seem to thinkn the meth was the cause. need more info on it and the pros and cons. could i have it tuned for the meth and it run better and not hurt the pistons? the guy i bought it from said he just ran washer fluid, could this have been the cause? should i run a better mix and it work better for me.

Kind of hard to mess up the windshield wash fluid use. If you aren't tuned for meth, how is it regulated how mush you are using. When is it set to come on now? How often are you going through it and need to fill it up?

We need more info. For the most part, it's hard to mess up and it's good for your motor.

Its got a tune. I bought the car and it had some issues. Was getting smoke out the tail pipes and thought it was valve seals. got new heads/cams and still smoked. Then did a compression test and found out it was down 3 cyl. Then did a leak down and figured it was bad rings. turns out it was bad rings but the pistons are bad also.

The car has a tune just not a good one. Had dyno brian come over and get a slight tune on it to just start it after the cam install but now i have this issue on the pistons. I've got new piston/rods and are gonna have them installed. Just want to know a little more info on the meth and if i should run it or take it off.

I may not be the best one to answer this. But we have no idea about your tune. And when you say Brian has looked at it/done work with your car, I would just get with him for guidance.

You have a car someone else did the work to and you're not sure of all the details. Now it's having problems and you don't know the settings or the partial tune.

If you aren't informed enough to go through the build and know all the factors, not saying that as an insult, I would play it safe and have someone like Brian and go through it.

To screw up Meth, you have to spray too much, set boost high and not spray enough, or have a bad Meth unit (which can cause the two issues mentioned).

Hold on.

You did the leak down or someone else did?

SO if you are going to replace the pistons and did the leak down test,(assuming you did this yourself) You still dont have the common sense to google or find out for yourself using the internets millions and billions of forums to obtain knowledge on this subject matter? Or just the basic knowledge of how it works?

This is like a Craigslist add... LOL

BTW Here www.google.com > Type:Meth injection how it works Or Here http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=937176

To screw up Meth, you have to spray too much, set boost high and not spray enough, or have a bad Meth unit (which can cause the two issues mentioned).

Yup,

This 100% you either have an issue where you dump tons of it unnecessarily, too little(or none) on an aggresive tune.

Don't blame the meth, blame the build.

Not all windshield washer fluid has meth in it. You actually have to do some research and and look at MSDS's to find out how much is in it along with everything else in there. You could of been injecting something that was damaging your engine this whole time and did not know it. You could of been injecting a soap of some kind that was taking the lubrication off of your cylinder walls and causing your rings to go bad. You just don't know for sure and when you are going to be spraying something into your engine you want to be damn sure what it is.

I have been running meth on my car for a while now with amazing results along with a very high number of others. You just have to know what you are doing or something bad will happen. It is not as easy has hooking a line up to your intake and spraying some windshield washer fluid into your engine. Methanol should be tuned using it as a secondary fuel, meaning get your base tune inline with the cars fuel system then add methanol to the mix and make adjustments from there.

This pertains to Turbo Buicks but can also give you an idea of how to tune with methanol.

http://alkycontrol.com/ (click Tuning 101)

Guest Spam
Meth is bad news. E85 is the way to go, if not just tune for pump gas and be happy.

The only problem with that is you need huge ass injectors and a 400 lph fuel pump. Meth is a great cheap alternative to cooling IAT's or allow you that extra timing degree or few extra pounds of boost. ITs a quick and simple solution. And very cheap!

I guess I was more so looking at what other people use. He told me he used motorcraft washer fluid. Id just like to know what would be best for it. Ill then have brian tune the car for the meth.

I guess I was more so looking at what other people use. He told me he used motorcraft washer fluid. Id just like to know what would be best for it. Ill then have brian tune the car for the meth.

Your first post was not just asking what brand windshield wash people use. Unless reading comprehension 101 is the class I'm failing? Regardless, that's research you need to check on for what you want with your car. Or if Brian does work on it, have home point you in the right direction.

Black Buick gives some solid detail. But it looks like this thread has fallen apart.

Best of luck