noob from pickerington

poindexter710

Not trying to be a dick, but what does the holes in the bumper do?

I believe it allows air to flow more freely past the rear bumper, thus making the car a wee bit faster. I would rather be 2 tenths slower and not have holes in my street car, but to each their own.

I believe it allows air to flow more freely past the rear bumper, thus making the car a wee bit faster. I would rather be 2 tenths slower and not have holes in my street car, but to each their own.

Ok this may sound dumb, and thats fine, but how does that make a difference? I maybe thinking of aerodynamics and if Im Wrong please help me. If your going forward, the air would go up around and on the sides of the car. How would putting holes in ones bumper allow air to flow freely? I've never seen that on a camaro, supra, mustang, vette, ect. What makes it different on a Honda?

Ok this may sound dumb, and thats fine, but how does that make a difference? I maybe thinking of aerodynamics and if Im Wrong please help me. If your going forward, the air would go up around and on the sides of the car. How would putting holes in ones bumper allow air to flow freely? I've never seen that on a camaro, supra, mustang, vette, ect. What makes it different on a Honda?

Air gets trapped by the rear bumper and acts like a mini parachute. In theory it will help with any car w/o the proper underbody plastics to keep air from getting trapped inappropriately.

However, I believe the consensus is that Honda's owners are the only ones willing to mutilate their "street" car for another 1mph and 2 tenths.

:dumb: :dumb: :dumb: :dumb:

Air also passes under a vehicle. Hence bumper lips and such trying to direct it over and around to help prevent lift. If you look at the bottom of most Hondas that rear bumper is just a big open spot to catch air. Acts kind of like a parachute.