MP3 adapter for GM radios

ChevyMan1972

All,

I have looked all over the internet looking for some way to adapt my Mp3 player to my 2006 chevy Malibu factory radio. I know there are some cheaper ones out there that plug into the cigerette lighter and transmit over the FM radio. Heard that they do not sound all that well??

Is there any aftermarket things I can buy to hook up my player to my factory radio?

Please help..

Thanks,

DW

Its called an fm modulator IIRC. It basically works the same way as the fm tuner, but splices into the radio wires. Sounds better though. I think you can find them at walmart.

I use an fm tuner all day at work. It doesn't sound too terrible if you find a good channel for it. Most of us that have them here take our antenna off and it helps

I've heard a lot of people complain about the FM modulators not working so well. A few months ago, I installed an Isimple interface in my 04 Impala SS for my ipod and I've been pleasantly surprised. It was easy to install and I like that I can control my ipod with the factory steering wheel controls. I got the part number I needed from their website and then bought it on Amazon for quite a bit cheaper. Edited by TA In Progress